Windows 10 Possible Malware issue

Hello Guys and Gals,

I think I have some malware that is making my computer act strange.

First here are the files post says to post here.

So whats happening is a mystery icon in notification area that I cant see or click and when i open task manager it vanishes.
Then when I close Task Manager the hidden icon shows back up. I see no icon just an extra space in the notification area.

Also seems like Windows Explorer keeps resetting.
What I mean is all desktop icons and all taskbar icon vanish and then after a minute or so they all reappear.
It is happening often which is driving me mad.

Before I decided to post today I ran multiple scans using multiple programs and all show clear except adwcleaner which shows a conduit but I know that it is safe.
Even Eset Online virus scan shows clean on full system scan.
I ran Spybot SD and it found no malware.

I have a massive Host file where thousands of sites are blocked but thats the way I like it.

So if anyone can take a look and see if they see anything that could be the cause that would be great.

I also have a non-malware question which I will post in another thread.

Thanks in Advance
Grenpara

Threat Scan 1.txt

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Hey,

Follow-up question if one computer on the network has malware can it infect the others even thou we dont share files?

And if I have malware could that be the cause?

I only play some games and use photo & Video programs.
And My browser is now run in ShadeSandbox to make sure I dont get malware if I somehow click on bad site.
I had Sandboxie but Microsoft removed it as a non-compatible program when system went to 1809.

Thanks

Grenpara

Hello  and
:welcome:

Any computers that use the same router can be infected through the router, if the router becomes infected.

Please take your time.

I have attached A file I need you to download and save it to the same place that you saved the FRST program

Download attached **fixlist.txt** and save it to same location where the FRST tool is located.

NOTE: Both FRST.exe and the fixlist.txt must be in the same location or the fix will not work.
Close all browsers before running.

Double click FRST to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.
 •Click the **Fix Button**.

•If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.

•The tool will complete its run after restart.

When finished, the tool will make a log (Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your reply.

Restart the pc and let me know how it's running now.

fixlist.txt

Hello LDTate,

Thanks for the fast reply and help with my issue.

Attached is the file you requested.

System seems to run a bit better which is nice.
The mystery icon from taskbar notification area is gone now and has not returned.

I know a couple weeks ago when I was trying to find the issue I ran sfc /scannow and it found nothing and then I ran multiple DISM command and they found nothing.
Then I found a page on microsoft and it said to run Dism component store fix command and it did find 4 problems thou not sure why other check I ran did not catch it.
It fixed 4 issues thou I still have an app not playing nice.
seems something on my system keeps resetting default app extensions back to fresh.
That normally happens about once a week but I was unable to find a cause or a fix for it.
So in about a week or so all my default apps will be reset again.

I also had problem with Win 10 and had to revert back to different revision.
1809 gave my system to many problems.
For example it kept installing Office 2010 updates on my system every day, the same updates over and over.
Microsoft had me revert to different revision and gave me a program to stop Windows 10 from updating what ever updates I want to avoid.
That tool has stopped the issue for office 2010 updates.

I will let you know over the next day or 2 how the system works.

Thanks again for the help.
Have a great New Years

Gren

Fixlog.txt

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks