Malwarebytes Premium won't open - help

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Go for a clean install of Malwarebytes, see if that helps...

Totally Remove Malwarebytes from your system:

Download the latest version of MB-Clean by clicking this link: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean save to your Desktop, or a folder of your choice.

Close all open applications
Double-click and run mb-clean.exe
A prompt with an option to clean up the system will appear:

Yes - will proceed with backing up the license key (Malwarebytes 3.x only) and initiating the cleanup process. (Recommended)
No - will exit the utility

Once the cleanup process is completed, a prompt will appear:

Yes – will proceed and post reboot you will be prompted to continue with the downloading, installation and activation of latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x (Recommended)
No – will exit the utility and you will not be prompted (post reboot) to download, reinstall and re-activate (Not Recommended)

We recommend rebooting immediately. Additionally, stopping at this step is not recommended and will most likely not resolve your issue(s).

Upon reboot, a prompt will appear:

Yes - will download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x (Recommended)
No - will exit the utility and the cleanup process is complete...

Does clear the issue..?
<<<>>>

Hi,

Malwarebytes for Windows needs to be able to save files to the %TEMP% folder during installation.  If the Malwarebytes for Windows setup file encounters Runtime Error: Could not call proc. during installation, this suggests the %TEMP% folder is either located on a network or Random Access Memory Drive, also known as a RAMDrive or RAMDisk.

Navigate to this topic and follow the instructions.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/238979-malwarebytes-premium-wont-open-help/

Let me know if the problem persists.

p.s.

You already have the latest version of MBAM so proceed with section 2 to ....

Edited by nasdaq

Hi

I followed your instructions up until going through the new install, I selected language 'English', then the remainder of prompts minimized to the task bar and I couldn't open them from there.

btw - I have uninstalled my AVAST free program and started Malwarebytes through services.msc, and it now shows as running, but I can't open its control panel to run a scan.

see attachments.

Dave

Malwarebytes 1.jpg

Malwarebytes 2.jpg

Hi,

This may be caused by a bad infection.

I suggest you run this program and post the logs before attempting to reinstall Windows.

Download the version of this tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file to your reply:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.
attachlogs.png

Attach the file.
Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file you wish to Attach.
Click Attach this file.
Click the Add reply button.
===

Please post the logs  for my review.

Wait for further instructions

Hi

Before seeing your latest reply, I read that the MB-Clean tool you recommended earlier uninstalls existing versions before reinstalling, so I tried running it and it has worked!

Malwarebytes now looks to be running fine, with zero detection's from a scan.

I also managed to get my other programs working (Adobe & Microsoft Office), after finding a guide on deleting certain keys in the registry.

If you would still like me to post the results of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, I will do.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks