CryptoCoin mining exploits

hake

Does MBAE already possess the ability to detect and block CryptoCoin mining exploits?  I have found that browser extensions which are purpose designed to block such exploits incur a considerable performance penalty which is very apparent with slower hardware.

Which browser?

The Malwarebytes add ons for Firefox and Chrome block coin miners and much more.
I have not noticed any degradation in performance using it on Firefox.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/218646-malwarebytes-browser-extension-for-firefox-beta/

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/218616-malwarebytes-browser-extension-for-chrome-beta/

The brower extension certainly helps browsing performance. That it can prevent crypto mining is thought provoking because other crypto mining blockers do slow things down. The effect is especially noticeable on older hardware.

I don't know about exploits, but I do know that both Web Protection in Malwarebytes 3 as well as the block lists used by the browser extensions block all known crypto currency mining servers (which the system must connect to in order to be used for mining any crypto currency), so as long as those servers remain relatively static, which they should given their nature and purpose, it shouldn't be difficult at all for the web database Research team to stay on top of them and block them all consistently without the need for elaborate crypto behavior blocking routines within browsers etc.