DDA Driver -Malware Protect OFF 3.5.1.2522

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  • Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  • Click the Advanced Options link
    welcome mbst.png
  • Click the Gather Logs button
    gatherlogs.png
  • A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  • Please attach the file in your next reply. Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:
    Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

_mb_attach.jpg.a0465aaafd6cae688aa38ab16

After posting your new post, make sure you click the Follow button near the top right of this page, and select the option "An email when new content is posted Change how the notification is sent" so that you're alerted by email when someone has replied to your post.

_mb_follow.jpg.7868cc281f66ac22e919c2c48

_mb_follow_options.jpg.dcb79fc10aa35beb0

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

17 minutes ago, CraigS said:

OK Friday 5/11; AT&T Cable in yard cut and Repaired today 5/14;

First sign of MBAM nets DDA Driver Not Loaded- Re-Boot? and Malware Protection is OFF

SPPT Tool Zip attached.

mbst-grab-results.zip

A Re-Start After the Sppt Tool was run shows NO RED Triangle and a Scan in Progress. That's fine with me as long as nothing App-wise is wrong. Felt a Re-Statrt B4 the Tool was used would erase any helpful  data IF an App problem existed.

Could the AT&T Wire cut cause the DDA Driver popup at  computer turn-on?  Nothing wrong prior.

Tried to Edit this in 1st post but prohibited. Thanks as always!

Edited by CraigS

45 minutes ago, vbarytskyy said:

@CraigS

The two should not be related. Could you try the steps outlined in the article below and see if that gets rid of the DDA driver error message. 

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2463

Thank you

Thanks. The Re-Start apparently Fixed Everything.

I ran the Tool first in case there WAS a problem that Re-Start didn't fix, and then did the Re-Start After that. No Problems now. Computer Just being Off was the only change.

Will advise IF the Pop-up returns. Thanks again!!

18 hours ago, CraigS said:

Thanks. The Re-Start apparently Fixed Everything.   WRONG

I ran the Tool first in case there WAS a problem that Re-Start didn't fix, and then did the Re-Start After that. No Problems now. Computer Just being Off was the only change.

Will advise IF the Pop-up returns. Thanks again!!

Did the W7-64 May Win Update Rollup alone, Re-Started and All OK.

Then did remaining 9 Updates, Re-Started and NOW Malware and Web Protection is OFF ---  NO DDA Popup this time

IF I Re-Start and the Errors Disappear, Is THAT it - OR should I run the Sppt Tool FIRST - OR something else??

Other App Updates have too often caused an MBAM Red Triangle/ Protection Off and 3.5.1 is apparently no better.

30 minutes ago, CraigS said:

Did the W7-64 May Win Update Rollup alone, Re-Started and All OK.

Then did remaining 9 Updates, Re-Started and NOW Malware and Web Protection is OFF ---  NO DDA Popup this time

IF I Re-Start and the Errors Disappear, Is THAT it - OR should I run the Sppt Tool FIRST - OR something else??

Other App Updates have too often caused an MBAM Red Triangle/ Protection Off and 3.5.1 is apparently no better.

Here's the Sppt Tool Results.

It's not uncommon after Win Updates that my computer is very Sluggish - everything takes forever to load, etc. BTW, The Sppt Tool Link opened the old Farbar Utility and then the Sppt Tool together. Took Much longer to Run the Tool than the Zip posted earlier in the Thread.

If history repeats one or two Re-Starts gets the computer back to normal. So here goes. ..... Oh, ref the harsh Edit Policy here - Would be so much easier to have an easier flow of thoughts were Edits Allowed over a longer period.

Thanks for all you do ------ Will post IF the Re-Start Restores missing Protection.

mbst-grab-results.zip

27 minutes ago, CraigS said:

Here's the Sppt Tool Results.

It's not uncommon after Win Updates that my computer is very Sluggish - everything takes forever to load, etc. BTW, The Sppt Tool Link opened the old Farbar Utility and then the Sppt Tool together. Took Much longer to Run the Tool than the Zip posted earlier in the Thread.

If history repeats one or two Re-Starts gets the computer back to normal. So here goes. ..... Oh, ref the harsh Edit Policy here - Would be so much easier to have an easier flow of thoughts were Edits Allowed over a longer period.

Thanks for all you do ------ Will post IF the Re-Start Restores missing Protection.

mbst-grab-results.zip

I actually saw Edit and completed a lengthy update. THEN, Edit Not Allowed so Here We Go Again.

The 2nd Re-Start after Win Updates Restored Malware Protection - BUT - Web Protection is Still OFF / Red Sys Tray M Triangle. NO DDA Popup.

Computer sluggishness is FIXED as usual. Any Help is appreciated. See Tool Zip Results.

Edited by CraigS

Greetings,

Please do the following:

Right-click on the Malwarebytes tray icon and select Quit Malwarebytes and click Yes to the User Account Control prompt
Next, click on START and type cmd in the search box and once you see cmd.exe listed at the top, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.  This should open up a command prompt.
In the command prompt, enter the following text and press Enter:

SC DELETE MBAMWebProtection

Once that is done, open Malwarebytes again and Web Protection should work.  Also check to make sure that all of the other protection components are turned on as they may have been disabled when you deleted that item, but you should be able to turn all of them back on and they should all be functioning normally after that.  Please let us know if it does not resolve the issue or if there are any additional problems.

In the (Admin) command prompt, enter the following text and press Enter:    SC DELETE MBAMWebProtection   ....................

Thanks exile360. that cleared up the Web Protect Problem & All Others remained OK.

Thanks Devin, I Returned setting to Automatic (Delayed) as I think a prior Update Re-Set it from Delayed back to Auto.

All the Best to you Both !!