Free/Paid version

I have the free version and would like to purchase Malwarebytes. Do I need to uninstall the free version? After I downloaded there was an offer to purchase with a discount. I rebooted after Malwarebytes removed an problem and lost the page. Is there a code?

Thanks!

Here's the page where you saw the discount.

The free version and the Pro version are the same software. You just register on the 'Protection' tab with your ID and Key that you paid for, and it will unlock the Pro features.

Thanks so much! Then the software will actively scan and stop any malware?

Thanks so much! Then the software will actively scan and stop any malware?

The protection module will monitor each application as it launches, and it will ask you what to do when it detects a malicious application trying to load.

Note that you may have to add the following files to the exclusions list in your anti-virus software before starting the protection module:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

The protection module will monitor each application as it launches, and it will ask you what to do when it detects a malicious application trying to load.

Note that you may have to add the following files to the exclusions list in your anti-virus software before starting the protection module:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

Oh-oh. I have ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 and don't know how to edit their software ... You said I "may have to" ... do I? Can you help me?

Oh-oh. I have ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 and don't know how to edit their software ... You said I "may have to" ... do I? Can you help me?

NOD32 v4 usually doesn't have a problem. You most likely will not have to add anything to the exclusions list.

Just in case there is an issue (and I don't think there ever has been one with NOD32 v4), here is a link to instructions on how to add the exclusions.

GT500 have you guys had any issues with McAfee Enterprise version 8.5i or 8.7i?

Yes, some people (including me) have had a lot of trouble with 8.7i. See these recent threads:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...c=21873&hl=

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20229

I might add that I did not have problems when I was running 8.5i, but that was a while ago.