I have a Total Security virus. How do i get rid of it?

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_d.../HJTInstall.exe

I got the link from here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9573

Please read the whole page :(

I have no idea. What is it? All i know is that i cant download anything unless I'm in safe mode..

If you can get it to run, yes.

If the ONLY way you can get it to run is in SafeMode, do it that way and post your log in the HJT forum!!

Okaythanks. Can i just run malwarebytes without having to install anything else first?

are you getting a little popup that comes up after the scan finishes in notepad?

You should be at least. and you would post that log here (copy and paste it, do NOT attach it):

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ew_post&f=7

along with a description of what you told us originally or just give a link to this thread.

Post my log??

are you getting a little popup that comes up after the scan finishes in notepad?

You should be at least. and you would post that log here (copy and paste it, do NOT attach it):

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ew_post&f=7

along with a description of what you told us originally or just give a link to this thread.

Ah okay, thats what i thought you meant. I will probably do this all later tonight. I am kinda afraid to actually... :( .. i dont want to make things worse. But i am pretty sure i can follow dirctions after i download it. lol :( one can only hope. :(

@ Starlite

Okay :(

Alright :(

I understand you being afraid but if you don't who knows whats lurking on there..

Who knows, your helper might advise you to reformat but you don't know until you post.

As long as you follow your helpers instructions EXACTLY and let them know if you can't complete a step and what happened when you tried to etc... you should be fine :(

Also, I wouldn't recommend downloading or trying to download anything else to try to get rid of this. It could be unsafe, especially if you found it at a random site, and also it can make things for your helper more difficult, so just do exactly what she or he says. :)

@ Starlite

Okay :(

Alright :(

I understand you being afraid but if you don't who knows whats lurking on there..

Who knows, your helper might advise you to reformat but you don't know until you post.

As long as you follow your helpers instructions EXACTLY and let them know if you can't complete a step and what happened when you tried to etc... you should be fine :(

Also, I wouldn't recommend downloading or trying to download anything else to try to get rid of this. It could be unsafe, especially if you found it at a random site, and also it can make things for your helper more difficult, so just do exactly what she or he says. :)

Thanks. :) Well..all im gonna download is the malwarebytes after i a min safe mode networking.. Hopefully that does the trick!

• Root Admin

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.

• Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.
  • Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.
  • Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.
  • If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.
  • There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review

• NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

Hopefully it does!

And again, post the log/logs ASAP!

And link to this thread OR just give a description what was going on prior like you did in your first few posts. That information is helpful to the person that will be helping you as well.

Good luck! You'll be in good hands :(

Thanks. :( Well..all im gonna download is the malwarebytes after i a min safe mode networking.. Hopefully that does the trick!

It shuts off my computer and restarts it every half hour. I get pop-ups telling me my comuteris infected every several minutes I can barely even type with that poping up in my face. People tell me to download malawarebytes but thats usueless too, beause i get a popup telling me it cant be executed. I cant even download Process Explorer because once again, i get a popup saying i cant execute it.

How in the world am i suppused to get rid of this? All i have access to now is IE. No other program can i open up without the virus telling me it cant execute it.

This is terribly frustrating. :( Oh by the way, i have Windows XP.

I have the same thing. It seems the more you try to remove this Advanced Virus Removal malware, the more it takes over your computer. It started out giving me constant pop ups, then it would not let me on the internet. It does not let me start up in Safe Mode nor use my Task Bar. I copied mbam onto a CD from another computer and tried to install but it tells me I don't have enough memory (which is what it said when I tried to log onto the internet) Would renaming mbam to winlog work? Maybe it would not try to stop the execution.

I have the same thing. It seems the more you try to remove this Advanced Virus Removal malware, the more it takes over your computer. It started out giving me constant pop ups, then it would not let me on the internet. It does not let me start up in Safe Mode nor use my Task Bar. I copied mbam onto a CD from another computer and tried to install but it tells me I don't have enough memory (which is what it said when I tried to log onto the internet) Would renaming mbam to winlog work? Maybe it would not try to stop the execution.

Here's a few tutorials you can try, and see if they help:

CLB Driver(TDSS/GAOPDX/Seneka/UAC) Blocking MBAM

"AntiVirus360" Rogue Blocking MBAM

"Total Security" Rogue Blocking MBAM

"SystemSecurity" Rogue Blocking MBAM

I was able to load Mbam but it is giving me error code 703 (0, 7)

Ran the RootKit and had to delete 2 files, one with the prefix Seneka and one with PAVRM.exe (not to be confused with PARVM). I initially got a error code 732 (0,0) with mbam. I re-installed and Mallwarebytes seems to be cleaning - 40 objects infected. WOW. THANKS FOR THE HELP. WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ran the RootKit and had to delete 2 files, one with the prefix Seneka and one with PAVRM.exe (not to be confused with PARVM). I initially got a error code 732 (0,0) with mbam. I re-installed and Mallwarebytes seems to be cleaning - 40 objects infected. WOW. THANKS FOR THE HELP. WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear. <_<