When I activate safe browsing scanner, I'm directed to enable accessibility for Malwarebytes.  Once done, I receive a screen that says the following:

Screenshot_20171027-140820.thumb.png.f247b189648101a9ef200405f2dc19c6.png

So with that:

1.  Do I need to make a choice between having an encrypted phone OR using safe browsing?  (maybe I'm missing something)

2.  If it is the case that I must choose between the two, is Malwarebytes covering me in the same way that my phone's encryption does?

3.  Is there a way to circumvent this? (I'm not rooted)

4.  Or, will my phone still be encrypted, not using the screen lock for enhancement, in which case I question, will Malwarebytes be replacing that enhancement or is there just reduced security for my phone regarding its encryption?

All thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

• Staff

@catman5000

This warning is shown when enabling any accessibility service. This a bug in Android.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/37010136

This does not effect your encryption, however if you are using on-boot pin or pattern (or other lock), it disables it, later you may re-enable it again.

Also you can see same problem reported for other accessibility service using apps.

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=8936

Hope it helps