Version 0.61

MBAM 0.61 finding the following:

C:\IO96BC~.TMP (Malware.Trace)

This file dates back to day one when I installed the OS from Dell over 2 years ago. Jotti's virusscan comes up negative. I'm assuming it's just another FP temp file detection. Otherwise no probs.

Hi LoneWolf, hi everyone,

MBAM V.0.61 DATA V.101 Quickscan 4m 56s nothing found :D
Not my job to analyse your comments but:

- "DATA V.101" is outdated: my version is 104 with 5,193 fingerprints

Everytime you use a security program, don't forget to ask for update ie for MBAM: go to the Updete tab and click the button "Check for Updates"

(apply this procedure for any security program... must be a reflex of yours)

- "Quickscan 4m 56s nothing found"

Could you run a full scan as a quick scan is only a part?

Hi Marcin, Bruce, hi everyone,

Lots of bugs reported on the forums fixed with this one.

Note: This version saves settings to a different location in the registry (a more appropriate one dedicated to MBAM itself). You will need to reset your settings the way you want them. Lots more settings as well including:

1. Saves scan type

2. Saves drive selected for full scan

Also includes fixes with the installer. For ease of use, if you are installing the program for the first time, Create Desktop Icon is checked. If your installing over an older version, it won't be checked (meaning you keep your settings). It is just little things like this that will make the installer easier.

The improvement #1 (Saves scan type) doesn't work on my comp... of course, it is not the most important thing for MBAM development!

MBAM version 61

Database 104

C:\Documents and Settings\pc1\Local Settings\Temp\~DFAF3D.tmp (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.

size: 65536

md5: 4411C30A4082AA78983056BA4626044C

SHA1: F77F5EE677863C213D24F97DA60BCF6CC6B2AD34

File is created by MBAM

Scanned several times, same malware trace detected.

Finally i choose to delete the file, got the Delete on reboot message.

File is in quarantine with Reference 41518

In Developer mode;

C:\Documents and Settings\pc1\Local Settings\Temp\~DFF65B.tmp (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken. [HASH=4411c30a4082aa78983056ba4626044c]

In the first scan after reboot there was no malware trace found, *.tmp file was bigger this time;

size: 98304

MD5: 5EBFD65C24D2439445F0622B68D5DFFC

SHA1: 9288D0297E3DAF7E09962A9CC534FD0FB08EDF0F

Following scans found the same malware trace again (same MD5)

Not sure this is an issue, but in case. I did a definition update and ran a full scan, then tried to go from the "found heuristic antivir tmp update file" to the ignore list, after moving it there, and it wouldn't move until I went back to the main menu.

Hi LoneWolf, hi everyone,Not my job to analyse your comments but:

- "DATA V.101" is outdated: my version is 104 with 5,193 fingerprints

Everytime you use a security program, don't forget to ask for update ie for MBAM: go to the Updete tab and click the button "Check for Updates"

(apply this procedure for any security program... must be a reflex of yours)

- "Quickscan 4m 56s nothing found"

Could you run a full scan as a quick scan is only a part?

Hi ipl 001,

That was the current database when I posted. I'm at 104 right now only did a quick scan as that was all the time i had to do.

will do a full scan just as i get the time. (work,wife,dog,etc,etc)

Hopefully tonite.

No real problems here with MBAM Just the one i posted about updating (http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2111)but thats avoidable if i remember to make sure i'm connected to the net before i try to update.

About keeping my security apps updated i dont have a problem with that i'm always current on all of mine. Thanks for the advice thou.

EDIT: Make that database 105 :D

LoneWolf, it is on my TODO list, trust me :D

Oh I do trust you. :D

I know you have lots to do.

One more thing thou since updating to database 105 everytime I check for updates MBAM will go throu the process of downloading them say im up to date then if i click on check for updates it will do the same and update 105 again.

Any one else having this issue?

LoneWolf, sorry for my words about your non being uptodate and the insuitable "lessons"! :D

~~

Here we are!

MBAM 0.61 DB version 105 arrived at Paris! lol fingerprints 5,218 !

~~ edit:

True that when it's already uptodate the program downloads 303 KB before displaying "The database was updated to version 105." whereas the usual message was something like "Already the latest version"!

mbam 0.61 updated to database:105 fingerprints:5218 i did a quick scan and it found C:\Documents and Settings\x86master\Local Settings\Temp\~DFFBCF.tmp (Malware.Trace) -> No action taken.

and sometimes i get the avira update temp one but if i scan offline and run ccleaner first mbam finds nothing :D

Hello

Ver.061-DB 104, Ran Full scan in safe mode and the *Please wait while Memory modules are scanned* window frozed. Scanning Memory 1028 PSAPI.DLL, I was still able to run the full scan with no problems. object scanned 38852-Time 28min. no infected files. Once scan was finish I closed MBAM window and the Memory window closed. This happen only this one time. I will rerun updated full scan in safe mode tommorrow and report back.