MB 32.2.2029 Realtime Ransomware Protection Off - again

Booted up the laptop this morning and the tray icon reported that RealTime Ransomware Protection was off. This seems to happen occasionally .Ran FRST64 and then MB-Check - results attached. Then turned off MB3 from the tray icon and restarted from the Desktop shortcut. Ransomware protection back on. Any ideas why this might happen?

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64
MB 3.2.2.2029 up to date (see clip)
Microsoft Security Essentials
CryptoPrevent 8.0.4.2

mb-check-results.zip

MB3_Version.JPG

Well, just rebooted and this time it's the Web Protection Module that's failed to initialise. See attached new FRST64 and mb-check results attached. Quit MB from the System Tray and restart from the Desktop shortcut and all modules active..........

I'll reinstall over the current version later on when I have a chance, but I've had to do this more than once before.

Great product apart from these annoying glitches.

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64
MB Premium 3.2.2.2029 (info in clip below)
Microsoft Security Essentials
CryptoPrevent 8.0.4.2

mb-check-results.zip

Latest MB Info 2.JPG

13 hours ago, TempLost said:

Booted up the laptop this morning and the tray icon reported that RealTime Ransomware Protection was off. This seems to happen occasionally .Ran FRST64 and then MB-Check - results attached. Then turned off MB3 from the tray icon and restarted from the Desktop shortcut. Ransomware protection back on. Any ideas why this might happen?

Sorry, I"m finding this amusing, since I booted my computer and I can't turn on Malware Protection, yeah on Malwarebytes! There was a big thing about it I think about two weeks ago, something to do with the new update. But I think it got solved. But I got the exclamation sign, in the icon this morning saying there was a problem and in fact now, if I right click on the icon, turning on that selection is gone! If I open the program and click it, it starts, then ends. It did run a 'full' scan for what good, I don't know. But my realtime Ransomware is working. Okay, having an odd sense of humor, I wonder if the program is infected? Your Ransomware is off, my Malware protection is off, and on some other bulletin board or here somewhere else, some guy had something turned off, rebooted his computer because of it, that protection came on and another went off. It's making me wonder...

Edited by njamison22

For whatever it's worth, somewhere yesterday on perusing this subject I saw the suggestion to delay the start of Malwarebytes. I figure what the heck. So I told it to wait 30 seconds. I turn the computer on, then make a cup of tea, feed the dogs, etc. So I figured I had the time. I also told another program, Trillian not to load, (it's like AIM). This morning all went well. Everything was on, in Malwarebytes. 

Ransomware Protection Module off again this morning when I fired up the laptop, and cannot re-enable.

Tried to run Farbar (twice) as Administrator which has always performed successfully before, but it stalled twice when scanning Application Error 156603.

Closed MB from the System Tray and restarted from the Desktop shortcut - all Protection Modules now enabled

I'm going to reinstall the latest version over the current installation to see if that makes any difference, and I'll re-enable Event Log Data so I can provide more data if it happens again - this is getting a little frustrating!

Farbar_stalling.JPG

Edited by TempLost
additional info

Reinstalled with a fresh download - mb3-setup-consumer-3.2.2.2029-1.0.212-1.0.2951.exe - over the top of the existing installation and enabled  Event Log Data. Rebooted and no issues for the moment, except I re-tried Farbar and it stalled at the same application error - had to shut it down from Task Manager.  I'll try it from Safe Mode  - also run some diagnostics to see if there are any obvious Windows or disk errors.

I have this exact same problem, the tray icon reports that RealTime Ransomware Protection is Off. So far with all MB versions of 3.0 up to 3.2.2.2029-1.0.212-1.0.2951. The only time it goes away is once after Windows 7 does one of its updates. The latest was yesterday (7 Office and Win7 updates). After the install and required restart, everything worked fine, I was up and running in under 30 seconds. This morning 10/13/17 we are back to the RealTime Ransomware Protection is Off message and the infernal delay, up to 10 minutes before MB resolves its issues and I can use my computer uninterrupted. I refuse to believe it has anything to do with Friday the 13th. 

Hi everybody,
I have EXACTLY the same problem on my PC (Realtime protection and Ransonware protection both OFF without any possibility to put them ON for more than a few seconds) after Windows 8.1 was updated. The issue appeared the next morning after the Windows update when I switched on the computer.
It looks like a conflict between the changes induced by the Windows update and Malware 3.2 soft.
Here is the detail of Windows 8.1 update (11th october in the morning, France time)

1.thumb.JPG.e4e56a9223b6d76217702e8277126b39.JPGi

For whatever it's worth, and I haven't checked this out all that much, some is from memory of another program, AIM, I think... AIM wouldn't load correctly and my computer would not run properly until I rebooted. When I rebooted and AIM always booted the second time around, things were fine. I stopped using AIM, sort of, a program called Trillian incorporates AIM and Yahoo all in one, so I question that. Now, from something I read on this issue of MB acting up when I started having problems, mentioned something about delaying the start. Since I remembered seeing that option in MB, I set mine for 30 seconds AND I stopped Trillian from loading automatically. So far so good, but it hasn't been enough time. Also, um, [looking around] I don't do updates on Windows, mostly do to my location... MB I do update. I also update Avast.  I also tried closing the program and restarting but that never worked.

So far so good but it hasn't been long enough for a decent test...

Vauxalm, chascode & njamison22

Thanks for following my thread but you might be best to start your own threads and post the information requested here - you'll then get help tailored to your situation. Your systems aren't going to be the same as mine (at least one of you is using Windows 8.1) and the other software that you're using is unlikely to match mine - the number of permutations possible is huge.

njamison22 - I'm not suggesting you go somewhere else, merely start your own thread, where you stand a better chance of getting your problems resolved.

Vauxalm - it could be a general problem, I also updated Windows 7 yesterday. But starting your own thread with appropriate data as requested in my post above is likely to help the techies solve the problem sooner for everybody - if there is indeed a widespread problem.

I also live in France, but speak French "comme une vache espagnole". Bon courage!

@Vauxalm, @njamison22 and @chascode

Here at the Malwarebytes forum they prefer to help folks one on one, as the fixes are usually custom made for each computer as everyone's computer is different. This ensures everyone gets the right help. Even though problems seem to be the same and a fix may work for multiple people, it does not mean it works for all. 

Thanks for understanding

3 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Here at the Malwarebytes forum they prefer to help folks one on one, as the fixes are usually custom made for each computer as everyone's computer is different. This ensures everyone gets the right help. Even though problems seem to be the same and a fix may work for multiple people, it does not mean it works for all. 

Thanks for understanding

Oh sorry. I did not know that. I will now 'really' go away.

5 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Thanks for understanding

Fully understood