Malware Protection feature will not stay on

I have the same problem. Malwarebytes warned me one or more protections were turned off when I restarted the machine after a brief shutdown. Now Malware Protection can't be turned on. It has nothing to do with whether I slide or click it. When I click it. It says it's starting, but fails to. I have run a scan, but nothing was found.

Ed

At all having this issue, follow the instructions below and start your own topic for one on one help, with the logs requested.

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  10. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Thank You,

Firefox

I got an automated email back from Malwarebytes with the following suggestions:

"You may find the following KB article(s) helpful in resolving your issue.

- How to check Real-time Protection status with Malwarebytes 3
- Malwarebytes 3 Real-time proteciton layer turning off?"

The second link took me to instructions for turning on the self-protection module.  It solved the problem for me.  

I am not suggesting that everyone try this.  I don't know if it is a permanent solution for me:  I am waiting for a followup email tomorrow, but you might want to take a look.

Edited by JTSteve

10 hours ago, Firefox said:

At all having this issue, follow the instructions below and start your own topic for one on one help, with the logs requested.

Thank You,

Firefox

The file has been attached to my own topic. "Malware protection fails to start".

Malwarebytes tech support had me download the current program and reinstall it.  I checked the dashboard to see that full protection was turned on.  I then restarted the computer to check that the full protection was still turned on.

That seems to have solved the problem.  It was easy:  didn't even have to delete the already installed program.

thanks folks! i am first trying an old fix for this posted on another thread - to change the startup 'enable self-protection module early start'

in settings->protections  ... to enable it (on) see attached image of the setting.  then I rebooted. mbam came up with all protections enabled and has stayed that way for over an hour.  I will try the reinstall if this fails to permanently fix it though. thanks again.

mbam_setting.JPG

20 minutes ago, kbjseattle said:

problem back again this morning after trying setting change above - so I uninstalled and then reinstalled latest version per Firefox suggestion, default settings. so far so good on reboot. I will post again if problem recurs. Thanks JT and Firefox

Your welcome... and thanks for the info... if you continue to have the problem go ahead and run through the steps in post #7 above and start your own topic with the logs so you can get one on one help...

thanks