Install Malwarebytes Premium to second computer

19 minutes ago, carverdank said:

I'm having trouble activating a licence on my second computer.

it tells me that the licence key is no good, yet I just paid  for 2 yr subscription good for 728 days..what gives?

Did you buy the one computer or the 2 computer option.? There is a big difference. By default, if you do not change settings you get a one computer lic.

Edited by Porthos

cleverbridge reference: 117126289     Order for Malwarebytes Premium paid on August 7, 2017      2yr subscription 

Your Products

Quantity Product name Delivery
Malwarebytes Premium
2 Year Subscription
Download
** Further action required **
See activation instructions below 

Your Malwarebytes 3 Premium license key(s) is below. 

Malwarebytes (Windows)

1. Download and install your product if you have not already done so. See how to download and install your product.
  2. Open Malwarebytes 3 Premium.
  3. Click Activate License in the top right header. See how to activate your key.
  4. Enter the activation key into the Malwarebytes program.

Here's what it is telling me in the popup when I enter the  new licence, good for 2 years until Aug 7,2019. It wouldn't let me copy and paste the info in the popup window

so i'm typing it out longhand. 

MBAM403104:

"The usage level has exceeded the max volume allowed. There is a problem with your licence key and we are unable to  activate your licence.

Please check your licence details and try entering your key again.   If you continue to have trouble, please contact Malwarebytes Support for assistance."

So, I don't know what option it was ordered under.. OR the difference betwen 1 and up to 2 computers for the licence.

The licence key provided was VALID for my laptop when I downloaded it on Aug 7,   but when I try to apply the licence to my desktop, by downloading it
on Aug 10;  the info above is what i'm getting. 

I need help with this please. 

Edited by carverdank
typo

Ok, so finally I understand the licencing issue.  I have two PC, a laptop and a desktop. One is a backup for the other.  I only use ONE online, unless I have problems with it

and have to switch PCs, I ONLY NEED ONE LICENCE. 

Right now, I have deactivated my malwarebytes on my laptop and it is being used only as an emergency spare.

I  have deactivated it on my PC laptop.

I unloaded malwarebytes from my desktop, and reinstalled it again and entered the licence key,  IT TOOK IT THIS TIME, but still shows me the

PREMIUM TRIAL3.1.2 VERSION.

When do I expect to see this updated to the full licenced version?  i have done a restart and it is still showing me the trial version.

• 1 month later...

Daledoc1 mentioned on this forum in a previous post;

"If you have a SUBSCRIPTION license purchased BEFORE Sept 1, 2015, it may be activated on "up to 3 PCs" at a time."

MalwareBytes;

Your  CURRENT licensing policy is a ripoff to users such as me.

I, as a private user have only 2 computers. One desktop and one Laptop as a backup.   i don't use both at once.  it grieves me  bigtime to find

out that I can only load and activate ONLY ONE OF MY COMPUTERS with my current 3 year license AT ANY SPECIFIC TIme  i wish to use it.

Other online protection  software,  (such as NORTON antivirus Internet security) allow UP TO 3 COMPUTERS for each paid subscription.

It is INCONVENIENT TO ME TO HAVE TO:

1. Deactivate my licenced subscription 

then

2. Unload Malwarebytes from the prime PC I am using (desktop)

then

3. Download Malware bytes into my Laptop PC

then

4. Activate it again

and

repeat this each time I want to switch my computers.

Common there,  MalwareBytes, lets not get greedy here where you are forcing me to pay for 2 expensive separate licences for my two computers

You need to fix your software to allow the same user to activate it for TWO COMPUTERS that belong to the SAME USER!

9 minutes ago, carverdank said:

MalwareBytes, lets not get greedy here where you are forcing me to pay for 2 expensive separate licences for my two computers

Back in the days, there were significant complaints to have a one computer license.  So to compromise they started selling single licenses with a  discount on additional licenses at a significant discount when purchased in the same transaction. 

I understand your dilemma.

MalwareBytes has made quite a bit off me in subscriptions over these last 2 years.

First,  I subscribed to their Malware bytes for a year with a discount.

Then last year (2016), I decided to subscribe to their ANTI-EXPLOIT  which at the time was SEPARATE from Malware Bytes, and they required me to pay another $86. ($28.66 per year).

This year (they combined Malwarebytes and the Ant-Exploit into ONE License. (Mallware Bytes Premium)

I chose the 3 year term August 31, 2016 for a 3 yr subscription for Windows PC.

at Can $86.26 ,  (discounted from regular price of $96.86 to take advantage of the discount offered). 

My subscription is telling me that there are (695 days left) -expires Aug 8, 2019).  

In  my calculations, Aug 31/16 to Aug 31/17 = 365 days.  Ok one year is already used up at this point.

But for the remaining  Two years left (365 x 2 = 730 =days minus 12 days (sept 12/17) = 718 days left

Not 695 days, as Cleverbridge is indicating .  There appears to be a 23 descrepancy in Cleverbridge's favor.

Why is that Cleverbridge/Malwarebytes?

Edited by carverdank

• Administrators

Hi @carverdank,

Regarding Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and the former Malwarebytes Anti-Malware:

3 hours ago, carverdank said:

I decided to subscribe to their ANTI-EXPLOIT  which at the time was SEPARATE from Malware Bytes, and they required me to pay another $86. ($28.66 per year).

This year (they combined Malwarebytes and the Ant-Exploit into ONE License. (Mallware Bytes Premium)

Please see this FAQ:

Please contact our support team using this link: https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us. Our team can assist you with your licensing questions. Please be sure to include your Cleverbridge reference number (or your license key(s) if you do not have your reference number) so our support agents can look up your purchase.

Please have patience as our support team may take a few additional days to responde due to the hurricane in Florida. For more information, head here: 

Thanks,
Cecile