Powershell high CPU

Hello there, very recently i noticed that my FPS is going very low while i'm playing games so i opened the task manager to check on my CPU and i noticed that Windows powershell is taking so much CPU so i tried to end task it but after a while it will just start running up again i'd appreciate the help thank you.

Hello Famas.  :welcome:

Please follow the steps in this post and attach the three scan logs (you already have a topic here so no need to do that step).  You also need to follow this thread so you can be notified of responses to your issue.

Edited by dbreeze

FIRST >>>>

Please go to START (Windows Orb) >> Control Panel >> Uninstall a Program or Programs and Features and remove the following (if listed):

Driver Support
Norton Security

To do so, left clicking on the name once and then click Uninstall/Change at the bar above the list window.  

Follow the prompts of the uninstaller BUT please read carefully any questions it asks before answering; some uninstallers will try and deceive you into keeping the software.

SECOND >>>>

Download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Run FRST64 by double clicking on the FRST64.exe file.  The User Account Control may open up; if it does, select Yes to continue to let FRST open and load.  

The tool will check for an updated version of itself every time it loads; please allow it to do this and the program will either inform you it is downloading an updated copy (and to wait until it is safe to continue) or show that it is ready to use (meaning there is no update found) and you can continue on.  Press the Fix button just once and wait.  The tool will create a restore point, process the script and ask for a restart of your system. 

If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run. 

When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post the log in your next reply.

How did the uninstalls go?  If you have trouble with Norton, let me know and I can see that you get a link to the Uninstall Tool.

How is your system running now?

Fixlist.txt

Edited by dbreeze

The uninstalls went just fine and here is the file that i got. I don't see powershell anymore and my CPU somewhat stable around 20 but every now and then it goes up for like 70+ for few seconds and go back to normal for quite a while so i think that's normal correct me if i'm wrong. None the less there is a huge improvement so far thank you very much for your time and help. :D 

Fixlog.txt

This is cool news!!! :D

Let's check with one final adware scanner and make sure all is removed:

AdwCleaner by Xplode

Download AdwCleaner from here or from here. Save the file to the desktop.

NOTE: If you are using IE 8 or above you may get a warning that stops the program from downloading. Just click on the warning and allow the download to complete.

Close all open windows and browsers.

Vista/7/8 users: Right click the AdwCleaner icon on the desktop, click Run as administrator and accept the UAC prompt to run AdwCleaner.
You will see the following console:
AdwCleaner7.png

Click the Scan button and wait for the scan to finish.

After the Scan has finished the window may or may not show what it found and above, in the progress bar, you will see: Waiting for action. Please uncheck elements you don't want to remove.

Click the Clean button.

Everything checked will be deleted.

When the program has finished cleaning a report appears.

Once done, the program may ask to reboot the system; please allow this to happen to finish cleaning.

On reboot a log will be produced please copy / paste that in your next reply. This report is also saved to C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C#].txt

Optional:
NOTE: If you see AVG Secure Search being targeted for deletion, Here's Why and Here. You can always Reinstall it.

Edited by dbreeze

All right!! :D Your logs are clean and you're good to go now!! :lol: We've got some final steps left to do to clean up our tools and get your system in good running condition and then you are on your way. I must say though, even though we met through less than ideal circumstances, it has been really great to work with you. :) Just run through the steps from the Cleanup of Tools to the Program Update Checker. That's it. Thanks. :cool:

Clean up of Malware Removal Tools
Now that we are through using these tools, let's clean them off your system so that should you ever need to have malware removed again (we hope not) fresh, updated copies will be downloaded.

• Download Delfix from here or here to your desktop and double click it to start the program
  • Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
    Also tick:
  • Activate UAC
  • Create registry backup
  • Purge system restore
  • Reset system settings
  • Del_Fix_Select_all.png
  • Click Run
  • The program will run for a few moments and then notepad will open with a log. Please paste the log in your next reply.

You can delete any log files left on your desktop as these are no longer needed.

You are now done! :D :D:D:D

Now some information on programs to help keep you safe:

Along with Malwarebytes Antimalware, use the following as a base level security:

First, an Antivirus program. You NEED one; free is just as good as paid-for as long as you keep them updated. ONLY use one at a time as having more than that will cause system problems. Here are some free ones to check out:
Microsoft Security Essentials
Avast! Free Antivirus

Next, a firewall is a must have now-a-days. The built in firewall in Windows 7 is fine (just make sure it is turned on (Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall)). Or, if you like, you could choose one of the free ones listed here:
Zone Alarm Free Firewall - installer includes foistware so read the options very carefully

=== options ====
Unchecky is a small service that runs in the background to help keep those "extra toolbars" and tag along search engines from automatically installing. By automatically directing you to a custom install with all the options unchecked, only what you manually choose and confirm gets installed.

CryptoPrevent is a free program that prevents CryptoLocker / ransomware from infecting your PC by locking down the OS so the malware can not get a grip on your system. You can read the details about this program here.

Lastly, if you use Firefox as your main web browser, consider adding the NoScript and AdBlockPlus add-ons to the browser to block scripting hijacks and remove unwanted ads from the pages you view.

You may also find some information and tips at this thread:
How did I get infected in the first place?
and
COMPUTER SECURITY - a short quide to staying safer online

Please come back and paste the DelFix.txt log when you can. After that, if you have no more questions, you are good to go. Surf safe, my friend!!

It's been awesome having your assistance. I just have a question i noticed that after i deleted norton i got a new app on my desktop called norton security scan and i'm not sure if i should keep it or not, I've also taken your advice and downloaded avast antivirus and checked my firewall and it seems to be working just fine and i also downloaded unchecky app.

Sorry for my late response by the way it has been a busy day for me.

DelFix.txt

I also have an other question, after downloading avast i started doing scans and optimizations and avast said that i have 2 antiviruses programs ESET and avast and i should only keep one so i wanted your advice on which should i keep, my licences for ESET expires on October and i got it when i bought this PC almost 10 months ago. So far Avast looks more appealing to me since it cleans my PC from unnecessary files and also optimizes my PC and it also has a gaming mode but your the expert so i'd love to hear your opinion. 

As to the AV situation, that is my error.  If ESET is working for you keep it until the license expires and then move to Avast.  If you really like Avast (it is a good AV with some neat extras) then remove ESET and use Avast.  The Free version of Avast is very nice and will do a good job of protecting you. 

Anything else, my friend?

Edited by dbreeze

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!