Malwarebytes kills my web surfing during downloads

I am running Malwarebytes 3.0.6.1469, Component package 1.0.103, and Update package 1.0.2021

I have this issue that whenever my computer is downloading ANYTHING (Steam, Battle.net, a large file in Chrome, updating Dropbox) my web surfing goes to a crawl. If I check Facebook, most of the images won't load. If I go on YouTube, a video will not even play. However, my download through Steam or Battle.net or Chrome or Dropbox continues at a fast speed - no issues with that. But, during that download, my web surfing crawls - almost grinds to a halt.

In the bottom left hand corner of my web browser, it will be stuck on "Resolving Host" when I am downloading. I have changed my DNS servers on my router (and PC) to reflect Google's DNS servers, but the issue remains.

So, I decided to turn off Malwarebytes Web Protection and the issue was corrected. I could download and web surf at the same time. When I turned on Malwarebytes Web Protection, the issue returned.

Edited by shanafan

Hello @shanafan:

MB3 v3.0.6.1469 had/has been replaced by more than one update, of which the current release is v3.1.2.1733 and those updates contained very many fixes compared to your system's current version.  Although the current MB3 update is being throttled out, an individual user is more than welcome to immediately install the update before your system's update is chosen on a random basis, or before the updating throttle is opened to full.  This would certainly be the case if you are one of the few users experiencing an MB3 issue.  Since at least one MB3 update was missed, please consider employing the MB-Clean support tool only for this one-time update process.  As a safety precaution, please store the system's MB3 license key separately until the system in question and MB3 are running well with v3.1.2.1733.

After completion, please respond to your topic with the status of the system.

Since you may have not already done so by now, please consider selecting the "Follow" button, near the upper-right corner of your topic, to receive timely notifications regarding replies.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW