ARW Beta 8 unable to start

I've been using MBAM Premium 3.0.6 on Windows 10. Today I downloaded and installed ARW beta 8 from the Malwarebytes site . The version showed as 0.9.17.661. ARW appeared in my ProgramFiles folder but when I tried to start it, I got the message "Unable to start - unable to connect to Service". I also found that my MBAM Premium would not open after installing ARW. I tried to uninstall ARW, and that seemed to work, but MBAM still won't start. I get the error that three dll's are missing. Thos dll's are - IPHLPAPI.dll - MPR.dll - and NETAPI32.dll  - all with the recommendation that I should "reinstall the program". Which program does this instruction refer to - MBAM itself, or the individual dll's? And if it's the dll's, where do I find these?

Redundant to run two copies of anti-ransomware it is builtin to Malwarebytes 3.  Installing second copy by beta breaks MB3 component. 

Uninstall and reinstall.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/200634-malwarebytes-31-now-available/

https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2802905-malwarebytes-3-1-2-what-s-new-improved

Hello @billhansen and :welcome:

2 hours ago, billhansen said:

"I get the error that three dll's are missing. Thos dll's are - IPHLPAPI.dll - MPR.dll - and NETAPI32.dll  - all with the recommendation that I should "reinstall the program". Which program does this instruction refer to - MBAM itself, or the individual dll's? And if it's the dll's, where do I find these?"

At this point, and with the available information, it seems only a remote possibility that the system's MB3 and/or MBARW BETA 8 were directly responsible for the loss of otherwise good .dll files.  Has the system in question been made to generate a recent System Restore Point (SRP), image, or any another kind of recent backup?  If the MB3 uninstall/upgrade (v3.1.2.1733) was undertaken, and is subsequently unsuccessful, the system would then be better off with a deferred mb-clean-3.2.0.1002.exe based clean install.

If it still appears as if the aforementioned .dll files are indeed missing, that may need to be resolved before a now troublesome MB3 issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

Thanks AndyPP and 1PW - I did as advised, and installed the current version of MBAM 3. That resolved that problem. 

I had not realized that there was a MBAM3 which was the normal upgrade for my current MBAM 3.0.6. Once that newer verison was installed, it apparently restored the missing dll's. All is well now. 

By the way, I have Windows Defender running as well as MBAM 3. I haven't noticed any conflicts between the two. But I think that MBAM3 also acts as an anti-virus program. No need to reply if I'm correct, but if I need to disable Defender, better let me know.

Thanks again - Bill

Malwarebytes both a capable AV but also complementary to Windows Defender, that is keep Windows Defender running.  Cynically and with no evidence, in my humble opinion, who knows what secret nasty stuff Microsoft know about and may be blocking with Defender, whilst working up hot fixes?  Therefore, keep it running just in case.