PREMIUM ver 3.0.5.1299 Reporting PUP for Iobit

4 minutes ago, EruditeMike said:

The newest update package (1.0.1524) and component package (1.0.43) keeps reporting PUPs (many) for Iobit Advance System Care (ver 10.2.0.721) ... believe FALSE positive ... 

This is the position that Malwarebytes is taking.

Next not that it has anything to do with your issue but your Malwarebytes is out od date. Current version is 3.06 1075

36 minutes ago, Telos said:

or the most part, these PUPs are harmless

These optimizer and registry cleaner tools have the potential to do more harm than good. And it is recommend even by Microsoft not to use them..

Personally I am in full agreement with this stance.

Edited by Porthos

I've got no problems with ASC being detected as a PUP, however, I have found you can't whitelist it. These are the problems:

1. You can't exclude a registry value.
2. You can't exclude a link/shortcut.
3. You can't exclude any file system tasks (usually in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TASKS").

It would be nice if you could just pick from a list of PUP's that MWB detects, so you can exclude the one(s) you want. It would also be acceptable to use the MWB identifier for the PUP ("PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare" in this case). I don't want to turn off all detection of PUP's - I just want the ability to whitelist ones I use.

ASC is an excellent solution for certain situations - although it does take some heavy configuration to keep it from messing up your computer (as with any powerful tool, improperly used it can damage your system).

I'm assuming the above issues would apply to ANY program you wanted to whitelist.

3 hours ago, Zxel said:

1. You can't exclude a registry value.
2. You can't exclude a link/shortcut.
3. You can't exclude any file system tasks (usually in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TASKS").

You can but it us not a straight forward process. Basically turn off Malwarebytes, Install blocked program you wish to exclude the turn it back on and run a scan. When the list of detection's is displayed uncheck all of them and click next and choose ignore always.

MB Ignore always.PNG

Edited by Porthos