Exploit protection issue

Same issue. In addition, when I eventually get the protection button to go from "starting" to "on", MBAM taskbar icon still warns "Protection disabled", and its popup states "Exploit protection: Off". What's going one here??

Edited by DKWEBIT
corrected error

After re-boot, exploit protection can't turn on. Stays in "starting" for a while, then stops on "off".

PS: I did a complete removal, re-booted, then used MBAM clean, re-booted, deleted the MBAM directory and installed and updated before my first post (ID: 4).

Edited by DKWEBIT
Additional info

On ‎02‎-‎02‎-‎2017 at 5:00 PM, dcollins said:

Can you post the log that this program creates on your desktop, it should be called mb-checkResult.txt

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3_check

I use COMMODO security, and just went through it to see if it might be blocking the settings update of MBAM, and I did find a possible COMMODO "unrecognized" file (mbam-setup-2.2.0.1024.exe), which I manually changed to "recognized". So as not to bother you unnecesarily I will see if this fixed the problem and report back the result. If this does not Work, I'll submit the log.

On ‎06‎-‎02‎-‎2017 at 5:08 PM, dcollins said:

@DKWEBIT can you try the following steps please:

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes using the Control panel
  2. Reboot
  3. Run mb-check
  4. Upload mb-checkResult.txt

I want to make sure the uninstall isn't leaving files behind and causing issues

You know, I already did that, deleted the remaining folders and files that MBAM uninstall didn't remove. Re-booted, installed ver. 3.06, re-booted. Ran mb-check, uploaded it. So you already have what you were requesting. Every time I boot I have to manually turn on the exploit protection feature. Furthermore, the task bar icon still shows it off, and protection unabled, even though it is on in the panel. MBAM has an issue, you should be able to recreate and fix. We are waiting....

@DKWEBIT I wish we could replicate this internally to resolve, but it's not happening on any of our machines.

The log file you provided above is from when you had already re-installed 3.0.6. What I was looking for is an mb-checkResult log file after you had uninstalled 3.0.6 and before you re-installed, as there are other files that we place on the system that don't live in the Program Files or ProgramData folders (like drivers). While I understand asking for logs multiple times is not ideal, it's the best way we have to track down the issue at the moment.

On ‎08‎-‎02‎-‎2017 at 10:44 PM, dcollins said:

@DKWEBIT I wish we could replicate this internally to resolve, but it's not happening on any of our machines.

The log file you provided above is from when you had already re-installed 3.0.6. What I was looking for is an mb-checkResult log file after you had uninstalled 3.0.6 and before you re-installed, as there are other files that we place on the system that don't live in the Program Files or ProgramData folders (like drivers). While I understand asking for logs multiple times is not ideal, it's the best way we have to track down the issue at the moment.

Followed:

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes using the Control panel
  2. Reboot
  3. Run mb-check
  4. Upload mb-checkResult.txt

Note: Before #3 I deleted the MBAM folder in Program Files folder.

mb-checkResult before install MBAM.txt

• Root Admin

Hello @DKWEBIT  Let me get the following logs please and I'll review what may be going on with your system.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

@DKWEBIT it looks like you have standalone Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit installed as well. MBAM3.0 should remove this when you install it because you can't run standalone Anti-Exploit and the Anti-Exploit module from MB3 together.

So for the next step, go ahead and uninstall standalone Anti-Exploit, reboot, and then install MB3. At this point, Anti-Exploit should work. If not, please provide the logs that @AdvancedSetup asked for

Solved: It was the stand-alone anti-exploit programme that prevented MBAM from functioning properly. However, upon reboot (and I unchecked the System Configuration for anti-exploit) mbae.exe (32 bit) was still running and the process can't be ended in the Windows Task Management - Process list. I tried deleting the C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit folder unsucessfully, and could only delete some of the files (mbae.exe and mbae-api.dll are protected). I checked the Services (Local) list and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Service is set to "Disabled".

But MBAM 3 reacts immediately and I could set the anti-exploit to "on". Now there is congruens between the control panel and the task bar. I don't know yet if I will have to start anti-exploit every time I boot or MBAM remembers this setting from now on, but as long as MBAM Works as it should I guess it's ok.

Thanks.

PS: Why do you sell the stand alone version when MBAM has this feature? You should at least inform the customer that the stand alone version is not needed when they as I do have the Malwarebytes (Premium). I wasted my Money buying that programme. Not good sales practice or something that creates happy customers. On this point I feel cheated.