comodo

hello2007

• Staff

I no longer recommend anything by COMODO, see links below:

http://hphosts.blogspot.com/2009/07/comodo...g-criminal.html

http://hphosts.blogspot.com/2009/07/comodo...trust-saga.html

http://hphosts.blogspot.com/2009/07/comodo...ase-oh-and.html

http://hphosts.blogspot.com/2009/07/michae...-featuring.html

More links to other conversations in those links too.

I say this as an independent security advisor, not as a representative of Malwarebytes. This is my own opinion based on information I have read to reach my own conclusions.

if i only came here sooner. I downloaded some of there stuff and my computer is messed it crash's and is slow and now it doesnt even start. They say it wasn't there product but it's hard to believe that when i googled there stuff and other people had very similar problems. Now i need to re-formatt. I was just wondering what you guys think of them

Yikes, reformat. You can't even boot into Safe Mode? If you can, you can then disable it from starting up and possibly uninstall it, thus enabling you to fix the problem without having to format your PC.

As for my opinion, pretty much the same as previously expressed due to their latest antics. I used BoClean but then it was discontinued as a standalone tool and got integrated into CIS, which I refuse to use as I have my own AV and firewall that I like just fine.

yea i tried the last good know configuration. It didn't work unfortunately

lol im not familiar with the bart cd at all, ill see if i can get the details of it but who knows.

i already ordered a segate harddrive and im going to wait untill it comes so i can transfer my data onto it before re-formatting. Unbuntu is a life safer their cd managed to get me into my computer through there program how cool is that. I can actually use my computer on limited sources through ubuntu

Yuk, didn't know you were on Vista. Bart should still work (somewhat), but you could also deal with Comodo through Ubuntu. Just delete the drivers and remove the key exe's etc that run at startup for CIS, that should get you back in business. You'll need a good reference on where all the files are though, which should be available somewhere on Comodo's website.

If you had anything that could access the registry in Vista you could also get rid of the Run keys for CIS, but removing the files or renaming them should be sufficient, although it might throw some error messages at you saying "File not found" etc. Once you get it booted you should be able to uninstall Comodo normally through the Programs and Features interface in the Control Panel :( .

edit: You might also consider contacting them via their forum to see if they might have any answers. I saw more than a few users experiencing BSOD's with CIS, but they were all able to at least get into Windows. Still, if they could at least guide you as to where the drivers are and their names, that would be enough to disable them from loading and might stop the BSOD's so you can uninstall without a format.

Pop the Vista DVD into the machine, and run System Restore from there.

If SR fails to resolve the issue, you can use the Vista DVD to do an overinstall (will save you having to wipe everything)

An overinstall basically just re-installs Windows without wiping the drive/partition first (think of it as an "in place upgrade" that you usually do when upgrading programs to new versions).

/edit

Apologies, you do an overinstall by running Windows setup from the DVD, and telling it NOT to wipe the drive first

thanks guys, shockingly i managed to get into my computer it actually works now. But i still got problems

i don't know how to remove comodo system cleaner revo installer can't even do it

i don't have internet? even though on the same computer on my ubuntu account i have internet? it says on my vista side ''unidentified network'' or something

ok so i managed to get my internet on my vista side and it's so weird instantly when i deleted comodo internet security from the internet connections tab my internet started working. Im not sure if i deleted all the comodo products on my harddrive and im not sure how i can tell if i deleted all of them but i managed to get everything working again. Is it possible to check if i have any other comodo stuff on my computer. Im sure ccleaner cant do that

Ccleaner can help though, using it's Issues tab to check for orphaned reg entries related to Comodo. Just be careful and make sure that the entries you tell it to remove are related to Comodo.

Aside from that, like I said, you can install it again, tell it not to run (if it has that option after installing) and DON'T reboot, then uninstall it once more. That'll clean it up, not that it matters too much at this point anyway since you at least got rid of the network driver that was messing with your system.