Real-Time Protection layers turned off

This is the second re-occurring issue in as many weeks.  I am a new user of this program.  After working for a few days, when I restart my computer, I get the message "Real-Time Protection layers turned off"  When I click "Turn On" nothing happens.  The first time I was advised to delete and re-load the program.  That fixed it for a few days and now it is happening again.  HELP!!!!

Hi Bueno :)

When you're getting this pop-up, did you check if some of your real-time protection components were really disabled or not? If they weren't, then this is a known issue and Malwarebytes is currently working on a fix for it.

• Occasionally, after installing, you will see a “protection layer is off” warning while the protection is being or has already been automatically turned on. (We have a fix for this coming soon!)

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/191805-malwarebytes-30-known-issues/

I hope the fix will come quickly.
I have installed the program on 3 computers at home and on many other computers in my family all with paying licenses, this occurs not occasionally but  regularly, furthermore you get a red exclamation mark on the icon in the taskbar.
My wife and family always warns me if they notice the red exclamation mark in the taskbar, but now it appears so often that they all ignore it.
In my opinion a realy bad side effect of this bug, because if there is a real problem it will be ignored and the program will lose its value. On top of that they say to me "why do you recommend this program" and I have no answer.
I use the program for many years and it always worked without problems. I do not understand why it is taking so long to fix this. This is a high priority issue.

Greetings, Ronald

• 3 weeks later...

I am receiving the same message "Real-Time Protection layers turned off".  I had received this message a few days ago and the "Malware Protection: Prevents Malware Infection" was turned off and I could not turn it back on. This was right after I installed the Malwarebytes 3.0. After turning off the computer a few times it finally came back on. Today, after shutting down the computer and turning it back on, I get the same message. When I check the Protection tab the "Web Protection: Prevents connections to malicious or compromised websites" is turned off and will not turn back on. Shutting down the computer is not helping. Please get this fixed as soon as possible. I do not like having my computer exposed like this!

• 1 month later...

CU3 has NOT fixed this problem. No difference at all, on two different computers. Real-time protection sometimes loads on startup, sometimes not. Sometimes can enable under protection settings, sometimes not. The settings for delay and early start make no difference either way. Have re-installed multiple times. 

Malwarebytes Premium version 3.0.6.1469
Component package version 1.0.75
Update package version 1.0.1431

I have been a premium subscriber for years.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times.  I have checked and unchecked the suggested boxes to get real time web protection to work.  All to no avail.  I'm about ready to do a final uninstall and ask for my money back for a program that does not work.

I am unwilling to jump through hoops like running all sorts of logging programs that I have so far seen to get Malwarebytes support to fix what is obviously wrong with the program.  I expect a program that I am paying for to work out of the box.

6 hours ago, TorreyH said:

CU3 has NOT fixed this problem. No difference at all, on two different computers. Real-time protection sometimes loads on startup, sometimes not. Sometimes can enable under protection settings, sometimes not. The settings for delay and early start make no difference either way. Have re-installed multiple times. 

Malwarebytes Premium version 3.0.6.1469
Component package version 1.0.75
Update package version 1.0.1431

The exact same symptoms for me.

I actually find .75 to be more annoying because it is now more random.  At least before I could expect it to happen and know that hitting the 'Turn On' box or the 'X' would just be a part of my system restart routine. Now it is a spinning Wheel of Chance. 

Edited by Scootcha

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, stefie said:

Very, very disappointed.  I have done everything mentioned here to no avail.

What version are you using at the moment?  Was it an in place upgrade?

Let's try this first (to get a clean install, and if that does not work, then post the requested logs in a new topic)....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU3 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

On 2017-03-06 at 11:10 AM, linde1c1 said:

Real Time Protection states that it is OFF and will not start... see attachment.

Is this the same issue that you have described here?  If so, when can we expect the posted fix?

Malwarebytes-StartingIssue.jpg

Hey Linde1c1,

You can also try the force method (force as I call it).

When you start system or anytime protection turns off you can/should be able to turn on again.
First open task manager then locate 2 malwarebytes programs.
First click on the malwarebytes service and then end task for it.
Then click on the mawarebytes tray and end process.
Once that is done wait about 30 seconds and then double click Malwarebytes desktop icon to start it.
At this point withen about 30 seconds your protection should be back on if not go into malwarebytes  and then click the items that are off to turn them on.
I have been using that method for a long time.

That said after weeks and weeks of doing that and it working for awhile I have given up as has support.
I have been instructed to go back to version 2 of malwarebytes which runs fine for me.

So i hope my method helps you as it worked for me.
If not, I am sure Malwarebytes staff will walk you thru lots of things to try.

Good Luck.
Gren