First time updating to new version with MBAM Pro

Exile:

Oh, okay.

That's sweet! Thanks for the link too, I'll bookmark it when I get home :(

"AIM Spyware Remover - [2006-05-23 | Freeware | 1 MB | Win All | 10522 | 4.5 ]

Help you to search, scan, remove and use AIM safer. "

Hmm, maybe I should try that. I don't even use aim anymore, I go with Pidgin, but I haven't uninstalled it yet. We had a really old version that we never updated (didn't like the new version) and finally I updated it on top of the old version but it didn't overwrite so I have the new version now, and then uninstalled the old version.

Exile & Yardbird:

Oh, okay, thanks :) It would be nice to not have to uninstall every time and lose my protection for a few minutes, but I would also like to avoid any potential issues. Since the only websites I'd be going to sans MBAM anyway would be malwarebytes and Major Geeks, I'm pretty confident that I'll be okay for those few minutes in between.

Exile,

Oh, okay, so either way you're unprotected momentarily? I'll just go with the uninstall then reinstall for now then I guess, and maybe I'll be bold and try installing over the previous version next time :(

Thanks again for all your help with this!

:(

Just one more quick question about this, if I do run into a problem next time, should I just uninstall and then re-download and reinstall?

Sounds like a good plan and you're welcome :) .

@ Exile

I uninstalled, restarted, downloaded a fresh setup from MajorGeeks, turned off the internet, exited out my firewall / av, installed the new mbam, unchecked the "check for updates when launched" button (since it couldnt' obviously since the internet was off), rebooted, and then the Malwarebytes icon was in my taskbar. I thought that that was a little odd. I clicked the icon on my desktop and sure enough, it was still registered and everything. I manually updated to the most current database (and I am not sure if the most current version was there, but it must have been since I downloaded a fresh copy), and am now running a quick scan.

So my question is, is all that normal? Or did I do something wrong?

Yup, that usuall fixes things :) . If not, post on the forum of course :( .

@ yardbird

seems to be.

Quick scan finished. And no malicious items were detected :(

I don't know how else to tell if its working okay, but the icon is in my taskbar and I assume its doing its job :)

Good! :(

Ooo there are MBAM T-Shirts? I'd definitely wear one of those! :)

yep its normal... ask Marcin to send you an MBAM T-shirt :)

Oh. I guess I misinterpreted you then, lol.

Time for me to go to sleep, haha. My brain doesn't fully function when its late :(

I never said there were t-shirts, but you can ask him :)

I'm ahead of you :( Did that about 5 minutes ago or so. It worked fine as far as I could tell, but there were no new updates. I did that after I restarted after installing the new download of 1.39.

Try a right mouse click on your taskbar icon & go for "Check for Updates" see if that works ok?

I'm ahead of you :( Did that about 5 minutes ago or so. It worked fine as far as I could tell, but there were no new updates. I did that after I restarted after installing the new download of 1.39.

ok your all set, would you like to remove 31 languages and just keep English?

I guess, but, probably doesn't hurt to keep the other languages does it?

ok your all set, would you like to remove 31 languages and just keep English?