Rootkits analysis

I just tested on my own and I believe I discovered a workaround, at least for scheduled scans.  I recalled that in 2.x, you had to modify the advanced settings for a scheduled scan in order for it to use any non-default options like rootkit and archive scan setting changes as it would not honor those settings as on-demand scans would and it seems that 3.0 works the same way.  So the solution should be to edit your existing scheduled scan(s) and click on the Advanced button which should expand the available options and then customize any settings you wish there such as rootkit and archive scanning and then save it.  Hopefully that will make the scheduled scan(s) behave in the desired manner going forward (I've only tested one instance/execution so far, so I don't know if it will retain those settings going forward, but it should).