Chris313AllNight

Malware Infection scam?

This morning I was browsing Dslreports.com when I was all the sudden redirected to this in a new tab:

Neither MBAM or Avast made a peep and I think it's a crap scam intended to scare me into doing something. Has anyone seen this before? Do I need to worry about anything besides making sure this annoying page is killed?

Possible Malware Infection.png

Like these...

MalwareScam.wmv

MalwareScam-1.wmv

MalwareScam-2.wmv

MalwareScam-3.wmv

MalwareScam-4.wmv

MalwareScam-5.wmv

MalwareScam-6.wmv

They are all videos created from such fraud sites.  Since they are web sites, it is not something that is generated by your PC to detect.  It comes from the Internet POV.

However, the URLs can be submitted to Malwarebytes in Newest IP or URL Threats  such that their products can block these sites.  You will see my submissions in posts entitled "HTML.FakeAlert".

Going back and looking at my recent addresses, i did find this:

http://asp.refreshmentnu.top/?id=KzEgKDg4OCkgMjY0LTg2MTY

Edited by celee
disabled active link

No, thank you, David. This is my first time here and I thank you for the help. I wanna see crap sites like these crushed with the idiots behind it. Hope this particular site has now been successfully blocked

Since this issue is resolved I will close the thread to prevent others from posting here. If you need assistance please start your own topic and someone will be happy to assist you.