MBAE not starting and service terminated

axe0

Today out of nowhere the service was terminated, after a reboot I cannot open MBAE or the service is terminated after a few minutes without MBAE opening.

The only change is that I have today installed a new GTX 1060 that just arrived, but I prefer to not remove the drivers of it because after removal of the software only the drivers were installed but MBAE still acts the same.

• Staff

Hello Axe0,

It looks like this is due to a new update of anti-exploit being applied on the computer. A reboot is sometimes needed for the new anti-exploit service to be applied to the program. Can you try rebooting the computer again and see if that fixes the issue? If it does not, then you will just need to do a clean re-install to the new version and that should fix it for you. You can use the clean removal tool from this link to make sure everything is removed:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/177164-how-to-remove-mbae-leftovers-after-uninstall/

Then, reboot the computer and re-install the latest version from this link:

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbae

Edited by Rsullinger

Hi Rsullinger,

I actually tried a clean re-install immediately after the problem occured, after that I've tried several reboots with no difference.

Oddly enough after changing a setting in the BIOS, turning fast boot on, MBAE shows up again and doesn't crash anymore.