Can't run or uninstall MBAM

Hi everybody,

PROBLEM:
I can't run MBAM anymore. When I try to start it I get the following error: "Can't start the program correctly (oxc0000279). Click OK to close the program". 
I also can't uninstall the program. I've tried the MBAM clean tool and MBAM chameleon, but I get the same error as I got when I've tried running MBAM. 

I've made a scan with the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and attached it to this post. 

I hope someone can help me with the issues I'm having. 

FRST.txt

• Staff

Hello and welcome to the Malwarebytes Forum

Please do the following:

Download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop, where FRST.exe is saved.

Fixlist.txt

NOTE. It’s important that both files, FRST.exe and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Run the FRST.exe program and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log in the same folder as where the FRST program is saved. (Fixlog.txt).
Please attach it to your reply.

(note: sometimes the program will need to reboot – please allow it to do so)

NEXT

Please download AdwCleaner and save it to your desktop.
adwCleaner

ATTENTION: After you click the Download Now button, another page will open – DO NOT CLICK any additional ‘download now’ buttons as they are sponsored advertisements. Please wait and look toward the top or bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save to save the file.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click the “Options” menu heading on the menu bar and uncheck “Reset Winsock Settings”
Click on the Scan button.
After the scan has finished… click on the Cleaning button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
After rebooting, a log file report (AdwCleaner[C1].txt) will open automatically.
Attach that log file to your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Cn].txt (‘n’ is the number of clean actions performed).

Please let me know if there are any outstanding issues.

• Staff

OK, good, let's try this now.

If you have a licensed version of the program, please make sure your license is available.

please follow these steps:

Step 1: Download and run the clean-up tool and allow a reboot when prompted. << run mbam-clean twice

Mbam-Clean

Step 2: Install Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware by following the link below. Install as an Administrator.

Malwarebytes Antimalware

Save the file and double-click it to begin the installation

Step 3: Once installed, if you have a license, activate the software with your license information:

Toggle the links I also have an ID or I do not have an ID, only a key… to get to the correct activation window for your type of license.

Are you now able to run the program successfully?

When I try to run Mbam-Clean I get the following error:
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000279). Click OK to close the application.
However, it still asks me to restart my computer. But after I my computer was restarted nothing had changed (Mbam wasn't uninstalled). I've tried again, and the same error occurred and again the computer restarted. 

I've then tried to install malwarebytes antimalware again, but when I'm trying to install it I get this error again:
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000279). Click OK to close the application.

• Staff

There are leftovers from a corrupt installation interfering but not showing in a normal log, so lets search for leftovers:

Please download 32bit SystemLook from the link below and save it to your Desktop.

http://images.malwareremoval.com/jpshortstuff/SystemLook.exe

Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.

Copy the text below (including the colon before :filefind)  into the main textfield:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:filefind

*malwarebytes*

*mbam*

:folderfind

*malwarebytes*

*mbam*

:regfind

Malwareytes

Malwarebytes'

mbam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click the Look button to start the scan.

When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan.

Please attach this log in your next reply.

Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

• Staff

before we run a fix with FRST, please see if using Revo Uninstaller will remove the Malwarebytes AntiMalware program.

Download and install the free version of the Revo Uninstaller from here:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html
and save it to your desktop
Double click the new Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall (Malwarebytes AntiMalware)
From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
In the next window select the Advanced mode
Click Next to start uninstalling the program
Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
Once complete, click Next, then Finish

NEXT

Download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop

Fixlist.txt

NOTE. It’s important that both files, FRST64.exe and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Run the FRST64.exe program and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log in the same folder as where the FRST program is saved. (Fixlog.txt).
Please attach it to your reply.

(note: sometimes the program will need to reboot – please allow it to do so)

Edited by CatByte

• Staff

Try this:

1. Go to Start and type in cmd

2. Right-click on the cmd icon above, and click Run As Administrator

3. At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow, and then press ENTER.

Note This command may take several minutes to finish. You may be prompted to provide Windows installation source files when you run the sfc /scannow command.

4. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to close the command prompt.