Anti-ransomware protection is disabled

mathit

I left my pc running while I went to an appointment.  I started a Malwarebytes scan before I left. It completed without finding any problems.  While I was gone, Microsoft installed KB907417 (updates to Word and Excel).  When I got home, I saw that the microsoft update failed, and MalwareBytes anti-ransomware's status showed "Anti-ransomware protection is disabled".   Clicking both Fix Now and Start Protection doesn't do anything.  Any ideas? I'm running version 0.9.16.484

Thanks

Hello mathit:

Using the Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following 2, separate, zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis:

1. Create a .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
2. Create a separate .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the 2 zipped archives to your next reply.  Thank you for your beta testing contribution to the MBARW project and your valued feedback.

Here are the requested logs.  Both were created using the Windows Send to>compressed folder program.  Winzip creation failed due to a corrupt file.

I was finally able to restart MWBARW by rebooting my PC,  letting Windows update the OS with the recent changes, and then manually starting your program.

logs.zip

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

Hi mathit--

Thanks for providing the logs, even though you were able to get MBARW restarted.  

We've been investigating similar reports with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, but luckily a fresh install and/or a reboot seems to resolve the issue.

Appreciate your feedback on the beta!