Editor failure on multiple "Code Tag" sections

I just made a post that contained two sections of code surrounded by Code Tags.

The editor DROPPED the second section and only posted the first section.

I had to edit the post and paste the second Code Tagged section to get the post as I wanted it.

This Forum's Editor continues to be a PITA and has way too many bugs !

2 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

Yes..  Now please redact that ASAP !

Cool. I created that without any loss of content using code tags. So there must be something else missing from the equation causing this to happen. Can you walk me through the process of where the content came from? Was it copy/pasted from Word or another application? Just trying to see how I can recreate this.

Edited by AlexSmith

Please see the attached.  This is what I used and then Copy and pasted it into the post Body.  When I was done, I saw the second Code Tag section was dropped.

As an admin, you can see my email address.  That's the password ( all lower case ).

New Text Document.zip

Thank You !

Edited by David H. Lipman

Thanks for sharing. That allowed me to recreate the issue. I'll let you know more once I know more.

For the meantime, use the Code button in the editor for content that needs to be in a code block or avoid using empty lines when using BBCode Code Tags. Obviously the later is not ideal, but it's the only options I have right now.

<<off-topic, but related>>

I ran into the pasted-links-land-at-the-top-of-the-pane issue several times in the past 24 hours.

If one is in Notepad and them comes back to paste into the editor, that is still screwed up, too.

Many old bugs remain and they hamper work-flow.

Just saying.

24 minutes ago, AlexSmith said:

Thanks for sharing. That allowed me to recreate the issue. I'll let you know more once I know more.

For the meantime, use the Code button in the editor for content that needs to be in a code block or avoid using empty lines when using BBCode Code Tags. Obviously the later is not ideal, but it's the only options I have right now.

Cool.

However, I can't.  The Editor is so bloody bad and I can't lose the work I have done so I have to pre-edit in Notepad for this and possibly another Forum.

As you can see, I got around it by comparing what was posted vs. what I had so it wasn't that hard to edit and paste what was lost.

12 minutes ago, daledoc1 said:

Many old bugs remain and they hamper work-flow.

No, that is a true statement. 

I can't tell you how many times I had to close Firefox and go back to the thread and then post.  Saving data in Notepad means mitigating the headache of reproducing the work.