web protection and netflix html5

For the last few days I have been having issues watching netflix, after watching an episode of something or a movie, When I try and go back to the main page or even the next episode, I get a message from firefox telling me server not found.

turning off web protection and turning it back on causes the website to load normally, at least until I finish another episode.

• Root Admin

I would highly recommend removing this entry from the Registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\OEM\Roxio Central 5\RoxioCentralFx.exe

You also have entries in IE for Java but doesn't look like you have Java installed.

BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper -> {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} -> C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll => No File
BHO-x32: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper -> {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll => No File

Not sure what this drive is but that's not good

System errors:
=============
Error: (07/11/2016 02:19:40 PM) (Source: iaStor) (EventID: 9) (User: )
Description: The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.

Error: (07/09/2016 07:14:31 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7000) (User: )
Description: The Steam Client Service service failed to start due to the following error:
%%1053 = The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Error: (07/03/2016 01:33:15 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7031) (User: )
Description: The Windows Error Reporting Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Looks like you only have one drive? I would recommend you do a full disk check on the drive and make sure you have all your data backed up to an external drive if this drive is starting to fail.

Please visit each of the following sites and let's reset all of your browsers back to defaults to prevent unexpected issues.
If you are not using one of the browsers but it is installed then you may want to consider uninstalling it as older versions of some software can pose an increase in the potential for an infection to get in.

Internet Explorer
How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Firefox
Click on Help / Troubleshooting Information then click on the Reset Firefox button.

Just out of curiosity why would I remove that roxio entry,  that software is part of the disc burning program that came with my laptop.  Also how would I remove it.

The steam issue,  was caused by me ,same with the error reporter,  I killed the process.

As for that drive,  issue I have no clue,  i only have the one solid state drive in the computer.

That being said the error looks to be at the time malwarebyes popped up stating that it couldn't get the root kit driver working for the first time, it asked me to reboot the computer which it did.

But on reboot all I got was a black screen and malwarebyes open with it running a scan,  which it couldn't give me the results of.

As for Java ,  the computer came with Java installed I did uninstall it though,

• Root Admin

They're elevating a process that does not need to be elevated like that. In REGEDIT.EXE you browse to that location and remove the line that has the entry. It does not remove the software.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\OEM\Roxio Central 5\RoxioCentralFx.exe

Okay, just keep an eye on the rest and if all seems okay then perhaps it was a fluke. But, do make sure you have backups of your data to an external drive, that is just a good safe practice.

Edited by AdvancedSetup

Its happening again, only way to fix is to turn off website protection and turn back on. Just in case it helps firefox is using Primetime Content Decryption Module provided by Adobe Systems, Incorporated 17, to play the html5 content.

When the issue happens I can't load the main site or any of the videos, but i can access the help portal.