BSOD after running Malwarebytes

I saw a weird command prompt pop up and decided to scan my computer. After scanning and quarantining the adware/virus whatever it asked me to restart computer. After starting up I get bsod after welcome loading screen in windows 7. I'm assuming when it got rid of the adware/virus it corrupted some files that make the OS work. I'm not sure what to do at this point without wiping my drive. Some advice please? :(

Does your system not boot to the Desktop, if that is correct see if you can do the following:

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select Your Country as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you may get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

Select Startup Repair follow the prompts, will your system boot to the Desktop now?

If that fails do the same again but select "SystemRestore" this time, follow the prompts and restore to a point previous to the BSOD issues...

If that also fails post back and let me know if you have access to another PC and have a USB flash drive (memory stick)

Thank you,

Kevin...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!