Change my signature.

MichaelT

Its been a few yeas since I've visited here, and being lucky as I am I'm still virus and malware free. It's good surfing habits and proper layers of protection.

So, I was going to update my signature, but the system wont let me do this, Accounts Settings>Edit Profile>You Are Not Allowed To Edit This Profile .... Really?! .... Anyone experience this?

2016-04-14_080915.jpg~original

Hi Michael :)

Only members that reaches a certain number of posts, or are part of a group (at least Honorary Members) are allowed to edit/change their signature. This is in an effort to stop spammers from coming here and/or advertising their stuff.

A Staff member might know exactly what are the prerequisites needed to gain the previlege to edit the signature.

You just posted in the thread reporting the signature issue. In the same thread, I think it's been discussed that giving permissions based on the account creation date wouldn't be a good idea since spammers could create them in batch, leave them there a month or two and then use them to spam the forum. Or they could hack into old, unused accounts and such.

On 4/16/2016 at 1:24 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

We're still discussing a method to continue to combat this. Just working on things a bit more critical at the moment. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks we can provide editing to users again.

Thank you

I do not have a signature but I do show a lot of interests. i would like to add or change some of them. If I had a signature it would be

"Always create a Restore Point Before Trying Anything I Suggest!"

As for SPAMMERS could we create a "MARK AS POSSIBLE SPAM" button, kind of like the quote button.

If something is marked the moderators could look at it if they have extra time.