JRT High Memory usage

Speccy is a small program (also have a portable version) which gives you information (both short and detailled) on your computer hardware and also information on your system.

HpLn1DX.pngSpeccy - Publish a snapshot

Follow the instructions below to download and install Speccy, then to publish a snapshot of your system information:

• Download and install Speccy from Piriform (the download will start automatically a few seconds after clicking on the Speccy link);

Note: You can opt-out the Google Toolbar installation if you want;

• Once Speccy is installed, launch the program and give it a good minute to load all your system information;

• After that, click on the File menu in the top left corner, and select Publish Snapshot;

• A window will appear asking you to confirm your decision to publish a snapshot. Click on Yes;

• A new window will appear after, with a URL link to your snapshot. Click on Copy to Clipboard button to copy that URL to  your clipboard, then paste it in your next reply and post it;

I'm concerned about the temperatures here. 84 °C on CPU for example is very hot.

I don't think it's a hardware issue either, while 3GB RAM is considered low nowadays, I think the main culprit is the fact that you have so many little third party programs installed and running together. 

• C:\Program Files\PhoXo\PhoXo.exe
  • C:\Program Files\FreeAlarmClock\FreeAlarmClock.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Blueberry Software\BB FlashBack Pro 5\FBO\FTSUploadAgent.exe
  • C:\Program Files\CaptureWiz\Pro\CaptureWiz.exe
  • C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\ACDSee\19.0\ACDSeeQV19.exe

.. and the list just goes on and on.

I'd recommend uninstalling such types of programs that you don't use and/or keep the number of programs you have running at any given time at a minimum -- closing them when you are not using them.

As far as JRT, the Browser and Shortcut scans do typically take the longest for most users (especially if you have more than just Internet Explorer) so this is kind of expected behavior.

On 3/29/2016 at 10:47 PM, thisisu said:

I'm concerned about the temperatures here. 84 °C on CPU for example is very hot.

that because a third party google chrome/Chromium based browsers which make a new Process for each of open tabs and that make my laptop very hot !

I don't think it's a hardware issue either, while 3GB RAM is considered low nowadays, I think the main culprit is the fact that you have so many little third party programs installed and running together. 

• C:\Program Files\PhoXo\PhoXo.exe
  • C:\Program Files\FreeAlarmClock\FreeAlarmClock.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Blueberry Software\BB FlashBack Pro 5\FBO\FTSUploadAgent.exe
  • C:\Program Files\CaptureWiz\Pro\CaptureWiz.exe
  • C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\ACDSee\19.0\ACDSeeQV19.exe

.. and the list just goes on and on.

I'd recommend uninstalling such types of programs that you don't use and/or keep the number of programs you have running at any given time at a minimum -- closing them when you are not using them.

so how many RAM I needed for 32-bit OS ? and for those software’s I really need them for Online-gaming so any other Solution ?

As far as JRT, the Browser and Shortcut scans do typically take the longest for most users (especially if you have more than just Internet Explorer) so this is kind of expected behavior.

are you sure of that ? because I remember the old version of JRT 7 and never used all memory as on version 8 !

Edited by mrdodrop