Embedded database size is near the limit. 7.05GB of 10.00GB is in use.

• Staff

Hey Scott,

There is a couple of ways you can do this. The easiest way is through the console itself and to change the cleanup settings. If you go into the management console and go into the admin pane, click on the other settings tab at the top.

From here, you can click on the 'change' button for the clean up settings. Then, you will just need to change the amount of days you want to keep the logs too. Once you change that, the next time the clean up process occurs it will lower the database size.

Another way is to run a sql query on the database that can shrink the dbo.clientSecuritylogs and dbo.clientSystemlogs tables. If you want to go this route, I can provide some commands and instructions for that as well. But let try the way through the console and let me know if you run into any issues!

Thank you,

Ron S

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hey NathanM,

The commands we ran in sql management studio for this case was:

truncate table dbo.TBL_ClientSystemLog

and

truncate table dbo.TBL_ClientSecurityLog

However note that these commands will wipe any data you have for client detection's. Once we did that, we preformed a shrink on the database which cleaned up the space. 

If your database is filling up quite fast, then it could be another issue as well like a re-occurring infection or a setting is not enabled in the console. I would like to assist in seeing if one of those is causing this issue as well. Do you mind sending me a PM with your e-mail so I can create an e-mail case for this? I want to have you send me some logs and information so it may be easier in that.

Thank you,

Ron

• 1 month later...

Im having this issue myself, ive changed the console settings to only save logs from the past 7 days but the database has not shrunk but keeps growing. I just installed sql management studio but I cant restart the server until the weekend and am afraid of the database (which is currently at almost 9 GBs) growing past 10GBs.....Any suggestions or settings I should look into?

Ensure that you have PUP and PUM settings set to list for removal and that your scan is set to auto remove. Repeated no action taken detections are what blows the DB up. To clean the DB to continue usability of the console, perform the following:

1. Open sql Management Studio and connect to the mee/mbmc database
  2. Expand to the database
  3. Right click C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Management Server\App_Data\scdb.mdf and select “New Query”.
  4. Paste a truncate command in the new box that opens to the right:
  5. Doing them one at a time put them in and hit F5 to execute. It will open a lower message box stating if the command was successful.

Note: This will permanently delete all client security logs. Please only do this if you are sure you do not need this data.

1. After running the query, right click the C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Management Server\App_Data\scdb.mdf again
  2. Click Tasks > Shrink > Database
  3. Perform a database shrink, following the wizard
  4. Attempt to log into your mee/mbmc console again
  5. Once logged in, please click the Other Settings tab under the Admin pane
  6. Change your Cleanup Setting to a higher frequency. This will automatically remove older logs and help keep the database in a more functional size This should help reduce the database size and allow you to log in and use mee/mbmc again.
  7. Create a script to delete the contents of “C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs” on your clients as well. The clients will resubmit their old logs and fill the DB up again if they are left.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2016 at 8:37 PM, djacobson said:

Thank you for this....It all worked!

Ensure that you have PUP and PUM settings set to list for removal and that your scan is set to auto remove. Repeated no action taken detections are what blows the DB up. To clean the DB to continue usability of the console, perform the following:

1. Open sql Management Studio and connect to the mee/mbmc database
  2. Expand to the database
  3. Right click C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Management Server\App_Data\scdb.mdf and select “New Query”.
  4. Paste a truncate command in the new box that opens to the right:
  5. Doing them one at a time put them in and hit F5 to execute. It will open a lower message box stating if the command was successful.

Note: This will permanently delete all client security logs. Please only do this if you are sure you do not need this data.

1. After running the query, right click the C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Management Server\App_Data\scdb.mdf again
  2. Click Tasks > Shrink > Database
  3. Perform a database shrink, following the wizard
  4. Attempt to log into your mee/mbmc console again
  5. Once logged in, please click the Other Settings tab under the Admin pane
  6. Change your Cleanup Setting to a higher frequency. This will automatically remove older logs and help keep the database in a more functional size This should help reduce the database size and allow you to log in and use mee/mbmc again.
  7. Create a script to delete the contents of “C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\Logs” on your clients as well. The clients will resubmit their old logs and fill the DB up again if they are left.

• 1 year later...