Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware causing system to crash

TheGift73

As the title suggests, the program caused my system to partially crash. I still had mouse movement but all running programs became unresponsive and shutting down normally wasn't possible.

Event Viewer report:
Faulting application name: MBAMService.exe, version: 3.0.0.510, time stamp: 0x568c6b92Faulting module name: MBAMService.exe, version: 3.0.0.510, time stamp: 0x568c6b92Exception code: 0x40000015Fault offset: 0x0000000000166536Faulting process id: 0x788Faulting application start time: 0x01d15c7ccab870ddFaulting application path: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Ransomware\MBAMService.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Ransomware\MBAMService.exeReport Id: 15db049d-c946-11e5-87a2-bc5ff42c10c6

I attempted to attached the requested logs, but when it came to zipping the Logs file it would fail giving the error:

!   C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs.rar: Cannot open C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\MBAMSERVICE.LOG!   The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I did manage to zip the log file by opening it and saving it as a .txt file, then zipping it. The logs.rar file attached contains the DetectEvidence.json files (there are 3)

Image attached as well as logs (as best I can)

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Regards,

Richard

logs.rar

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.rar

MBAMSERVICE.rar

post-39864-0-70019400-1454376798_thumb.j

Updated to beta 3 yesterday as requested. Have been running Malwarebytes anti-malware Pro, anti-ransomware and anti-exploit all day without issues. However, I was just opening up another tab in Chrome when the PC started to glitch out. The mouse was still functioning (as it was when it crashed when I was using beta 2) so checked the Event Viewer to check for any application error. Same as with the beta 2.

Here is the Event Viewer error (EventID 1000) attached as well as my Malwarebytes logs and Malwarebytes AR logs

Regards,

Richard

EventID 1000.rar

logs.rar

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.rar

Hello TheGift73:

Please check for the existence and the contents of the following Windows directory:

%SystemRoot%\Minidump\ typically C:\Windows\Minidump\

If any .dmp file(s) exist, whose date(s) & time(s) correspond to those of the system's exception occurrence(s), please zip it/them individually and attach to your next reply.

Thank you for beta testing and your feedback.