When running Malwarebytes I cannot connect to the internet.

When I attempt to browse the internet utilizing Chrome (or IE) and go to websites like bankofamerica.com ... I get the following message.

This webpage is not available

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I either receive the above message, another error message I cannot reproduce, or the internet connection goes REALLY slow. I discovered that everything works great again when I exit Malwarebytes. I've run diagnostics, quarantined and clean. Struck out.

Any advice?

Hello and :welcome: :

When I attempt to browse the internet utilizing Chrome (or IE) and go to websites like bankofamerica.com ... I get the following message.

This webpage is not available

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

That is not an MBAM message, it's dialog from your browser (perhaps some kind of DNS issue).
MBAM would throw up a toaster popup with the exact IP/domain and a "block" message, if it were blocking the IP/domain.

I've run diagnostics, quarantined and clean. <snip>

I'm not sure what that means.

EDIT for CLARITY: Some types of malware & the removal thereof can break connectivity/networking.

If you think you might be infected or might have been infected (with possible malware remnants/leftovers), then I suggest following the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the suggested, preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue - the helper will guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair.

Otherwise, please read the following and attach to your next reply here in this thread the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks,

Hello! Many thanks and I appreciate the alacrity in your response. Always a pleasure to commune with a deity of any sort!

Apologies for my lack of specificity. I was attempting to state that I'd run malwarebytes, that it had identified some infected files, that I'd quarantined said files and that my computer continued to have problems. 

I believe I need to go in and do a deeper scrub as per your initial nstructions.

That said, please find the log files attached. 

Again - many many thanks for your assistance!

CheckResults.txtFRST.txtAddition.txt

Hello:

Thanks for the logs. :)

It would have been nice to see an Addition.txt log from the 2nd run of FRST -- to get that log on a repeat run, it's necessary to place a check-mark in the "Addition.txt" option before re-running it. ;)

Having said that, there is a lot going on with this system (multiple resident AV protections -- MSE and AVG; crashing applications (e.g. KNM); and Chrome modifications suggestive of infection; quite a few items in quarantine; just to name a few). 

And with all of those IPs & processes in the web exclusions and the use of torrents, it's likely that you still have malware leftovers and damage that need cleaning up & repair.

Your logs mention "Killer Network Manager" under a different brand than we usually see (Bigfoot Networks, rather than Qualcomm).

However, one thing you might try to see if that fixes the internet connectivity are the steps listed HERE (to disable Bandwidth Control in KNM and/or to update your Killer drivers).

>>HAVING SAID THAT, Even if that does restore your internet connectivity, I suggest heading over to the malware removal area of the forum for some free, expert help with cleanup and repair.

To do that, first please read this pinned topic for explanations about how the process works: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

Then, please start a new, separate post in the malware removal section, attaching the same logs to that new post.

Then, please wait for a malware helper to guide you through scanning, cleanup and repair.

Thanks,

Hello and Welcome!

Until daledoc1 returns, I looked through your logs, and you are correct, a deeper scrub is needed in order to get this computer working properly.

Also noted was the fact that you are running two antivirus programs. (Microsoft Security Essentials (Enabled - Up to date) and AVG Internet Security (Enabled - Up to date)).  It is not recommended to run more than one antivirus program at a time, this could cause issues. 

In order to get this computer working properly you will have to seek help from the experts in the appropriate section of the forum as already mentioned by daledoc1 above, and below by me. They will help you with your issues and help you remove one of the AV's you have installed in that section, all for free.

We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.
Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Edit to add this info:

Also noticed that you have the Killer Network Manager on your computer. You will need to update the drivers for your network card to resolve the issue with MBAM conflicting with the Killer Network Manager. To do that see below:

Just wanted to give you (and any others who may be experiencing this issue) another update. We've tested the latest drivers released by Rivet Networks (makers of the Killer networking products) and are happy to confirm that they've implemented a fix so that you can now use both Malwarebytes Web Protection and Killer Network Manager's Bandwidth Control alongside each other with no issues.

You can download the latest Killer drivers from this site.

We appreciated your patience as we worked toward a solution here!

Thank you

Deities indeed! Y'all are simply terrific. I cannot thank you enough.

I added AVG this past week after a recommendation from a friend. He claimed AVG was terrific. Not knowing what I was doing I naturally took that as a sign that I should get it too! I just deleted it. So in line with still not knowing ... should I keep Microsoft Security Essentials and Malware Bytes? Is that a stalwart combination?

Also - I updated the Killer Network Drivers. At least I've taken a long step out of 2011 there! 

Again - thanks for the terrific advice. I'm going to waltz over to the malware removal section to get some more expert guidance! I'll run new logs but I'll link here to expedite the process and show them you two marvelous humans have already gotten me on the better track!

All the best!

Hi:

OK, so your internet connectivity issue was resolved by disabling the KNM bandwidth control and/or by upgrading the drivers?

Great!

I'm glad you were able to fix that.

As for the choice of AV, there is no best option that suits all computers, users, and budgets.

It's really up to you.

The important point is to have ONLY 1 AV installed and running (and to fully uninstall any others, as leftover drivers can sometimes cause problems).

One then supplements the AV with MBAM (which is an anti-malware, not an AV), and perhaps other components to a layered protection strategy.

But having 2 AVs actually decreases protection and can cause issues.

Your malware helper can provide some advice in that regard.

Cheers,

P.S. Thanks, @Firefox for the extra advice while I was AFK today. :)