Why should I buy Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit?

kvk007

Dear,

What is the difference between your product Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit  and HitmanPro.Alert? Because when I went to xxx, it shows that HitmanPro has way more feature and better than Malwarebytes (according to them).

I am interested in malwarebytes because I already had purchased your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premiuim).

Also, if I have the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premiuim), then do I need to buy Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit in your opinion?

EDIT BY PBUST: deleted URL reference to extremely outdated information which for some reason SurfRight has not updated so their product looks to be more differentiated than it really is.

Hello and :welcome: :

Until @pbust comes along with specific answers for you.....

Dear,
What is the difference between your product Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and HitmanPro.Alert? Because when I went to [[link removed]], it shows that HitmanPro has way more feature and better than Malwarebytes (according to them).

I do not use Hitman Pro, but AFAIK, it is a "second opinion", manual, on-demand scanner, similar in concept to MBAM Free.
Others familiar with HitmanPro will correct me if I am wrong, but AFAIK it does not provide real-time protection.
MBAE actively shields internet-facing, vulnerable applications in real-time.
MBAE Free version shields browsers and plugins.
MBAE Premium version shields other applications and can be configured to create custom shields.

I am interested in malwarebytes because I already had purchased your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premiuim).

Also, if I have the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premiuim), then do I need to buy Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit in your opinion?

Briefly, MBAM (and your standard AV) protect against the "what" of malware.
MBAE protects against the "how" of malware.
It provides a complementary layer of protection alongside your AV and MBAM.

FAQ HERE
Exploits: How they work and how to crush them

1) Why is it only for 1 PC (24.95 US$)? Can't I buy for 3 PCs?

3-PC licenses were discontinued by Marketing on Sept 1, 2015.
That is for MBAM and for MBAE.
(Existing 3-PC licenses will continue to be honored/"grandfathered".)

2) Where can I get promotions for less price OR for 3 PCs same price as 1 PC?

On the official Malwarebytes online store page, incremental discounts are automatically added for multiple licenses purchased at the same transaction (see screen shot).
I do not personally know of any 3rd-party promotions and I would always be extremely wary of such offers -- if the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
(The safest place to buy a software license is directly from the software publisher.)

Thank you for your interest,

post-29793-0-71688300-1445168552_thumb.p

• Staff

The information you posted is very outdated. They show an old version of MBAE even though a newer version of MBAE had been available for about a month.

In addition to the dubious marketing techniques, MBAE has advanced a lot lately with Dynamic Anti-HeapSpraying techniques and techniques against ROP mitigation bypasses which Hitmanpro does not have.

daledoc, HItman Pro Alert provides realtime protection, your probably thinking of Hitman Pro which is an on demand scanner, when it finds something you can get a free 30 day license to cleanse your computer. Hitman Pro and Hitman Pro Alert are 2 different products, However when you buy a license you get a license for both.

Ah, indeed!

Not sure how I missed the "Alert" part, but I knew I had to be off-base. :unsure:

Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers,

I have used both MBAE and HitManPro.Alert. I personally think that MBAE is more robust, more stable than HMP.A. HitManPro.Alert wasn't running smoothly on my machine when I gave it a try, so I uninstalled it. If you're looking for a solid and easy-to-use anti-exploit program as another layer of security, MBAE is definitely a good choice, and Pedro's support is second to none. :)

The information you posted is very outdated. They show an old version of MBAE even though a newer version of MBAE had been available for about a month.

In addition to the dubious marketing techniques, MBAE has advanced a lot lately with Dynamic Anti-HeapSpraying techniques and techniques against ROP mitigation bypasses which Hitmanpro does not have.

Could you mention a few exploitation techniques that should now be covered by the new Dynamic Anti-HeapSpraying and Anti-ROP mitigations? e.g. Spraying 300MB of Vector.<uint> objects does not trigger the Dynamic Anti-HeapSpraying mitigation.

I'm not sure what programs/campaigns Marketing will be running. It's best to sign up to the newsletter to see future campaigns.

Where can I sign up to the newsletter? I haven't found it yet. :wacko: 

I'm asking because my license for MBAE Premium will probably soon be invalid. I bought it about ten or eleven months ago. :(

Hey regnpijp. For now we're going to keep details of these new techniques private to avoid giving any hints to bad actors and and competitors.

Okay, I can understand that. Although I have yet to see them function in practice. For example: Spraying 300MB of Vector.<uint> objects followed by calling WinExec from the stack using $known_caller_mitigation_limitation will still result in the execution of a calculator.

Mentioning the fact that MBAE contains mitigations X, Y and Z and a competitor does not is also a bit dubious as one cannot verify such claims, other vendors have been more open in mentioning what individual mitigations they provide.

• Staff

Okay, I can understand that. Although I have yet to see them function in practice. For example: Spraying 300MB of Vector.<uint> objects followed by calling WinExec from the stack using $known_caller_mitigation_limitation will still result in the execution of a calculator.

Mentioning the fact that MBAE contains mitigations X, Y and Z and a competitor does not is also a bit dubious as one cannot verify such claims, other vendors have been more open in mentioning what individual mitigations they provide.

True, but other vendors have been very aggressive in doing comparisons like this on their websites, even omitting certain information and comparing very old versions. Also some vendors have been very aggressive in reverse engineering and copying other vendor's products. So we'd like to stay away of this game and just do our thing. We do work privately with independent researchers that report issues to us and work with us to improve the product (and welcome you to do the same). But these public discussions are not very productive, even less when introduced in other people's threads which are not relevant to the discussion.