SDKDatabase

Yesterday, I had a notice that "SDKDatabaseSetLoadDefaultsFailedwithCode1812".  Today, the msg was "SDKDatasetLoadDefaultsFailedwithCode2".  Database version is 2015.04.30.05.  Program will not perform Threat scan.  My OS is Windows 7 Pro.  Box is HP ProDesk 400 G1.

Hi, Kay:

As you are already running the current build, let's get a few basic logs to see what's going on.

Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

The logs will assist the staff and forum experts to troubleshoot and advise you.

More info about v2.1.6 HERE
User Guide ONLINE
User Guide PDF
FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Thanks,

Hi,  If I may chime in here. In situations like this, we still would need to look at all the tasks in Automated Scheduling.

There likely are timing conflicts.  Plus we need to see just how many jobs are listed for Threat scan and  also see how frequently they are set to run.

Sometimes during a manual or automated scans, or during a automated Update run, you may see the following “error messages”:

SDKDatabaseLoadDefaultsLoad failed with code:2
SDKDatabaseLoadDefaultsLoad failed with code:1812

These errors occur when two database updates are occurring at the same time.
This usually happens as a result of a scheduled update and a scheduled scan that are configured near or on the same time.

The error is see sometimes in some installations, when a customer has multiple job runs  ( unbeknownst to them and however it came about, possibly due to multiple upgrades).

and yes, the "error" is known to happen even with 2.1.6 for some systems.

The good and best practice is to insure that the automated jobs are well set to avert any timing conflicts, and in the cases where there are way too many threat scans, to remove the un-needed ones.

Actually, I had thought of all of those, but I thought it might be simpler for everyone (especially the OP) if she could post her logs -- the logs would show all of the items mentioned, such as scheduler tasks, accumulated logs, items in quarantine, etc???

Then, either things could be cleaned up in the current installation, or a clean reinstall would likely resolve the errors?

(Or, if the OP is infected, the logs would show that, or other problems...)

<just saying>

But I will certainly defer to staff.

Cheers,

DD, that is all good.  My intent was to provide some insights.  Getting reports is very good.  That would provide the information, needless to say.   :D

and unless I am mistaken, you had some super images on how to set the automated jobs.   which just might do wonders, here.   ^_^

Hello Kay,

This reply is for you.  Thanks for sending the reports.  I see that the pc does have the latest 2.1.6 version and it is basically in decent shape, except for

the malicious website protection shows as being off

and as I alluded before, there needs to be some tweaking in the setting for the automated Threat scan task.

For this round, I am only addressing the situation of the malicious website protection.

I believe we just need to tweak a few settings in ESET Security.   It may quite innocently be interfering with the functioning of the malicious website protection service.

{ I personally use ESET Endpoint Security along with MBAM Premium.  Many of our customers likewise have ESET as well.}

In order for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and ESET Smart Security Antivirus to work smoothly with the Anti-Malware, you need configure both applications. 

The instructions for configuring ESET are at the ESET website at this link: 

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2769 

If you have further questions about how to configure ESET, please contact their technical support team for help with their application.

The following is a list of specific Malwarebytes files which should be added to the exclusion list in the ESET  Antivirus  application.
This list is specific to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.

For 32-bit Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

After you have configured ESET to exclude the above listed files appropriate for the Windows Operating System you are using, please follow these quick steps to add "ESET Smart Security" application folder to your Malwarebytes "Malware Exclusions" list:

Step 1. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware application.
Step 2. Click on Settings
Step 3. Click Malware Exclusions in the left column
Step 4. Click on "Add Folder"
Step 4. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\
Step 5. Click once on ESET Smart Security application folder to highlight it.
Step 6. Click on "Select Folder".
Step 7. Close Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Step 8. Reboot your computer. <--Very Important!

Let me know how this works for you.  This will get you a good start for the protection service.

I can help you on the next round, if we need to do more follow-up.

Having done those steps, now you are ready for a "visual" look-see :

I would like for you to start the program.
Click on the Settings icon at the top bar up at top.
Then click the Advanced Settings button at the left.
Be sure all top 3 lines on that window are check-marked ( selected ).

Click the Settings icon >> then Detection and Protection
are the 2 protections on for Malware protection + Malicious website protection ?

Click whichever one is not "ON" slowly and wait just a bit. They typically will get going but require some patience.

Then too, sometimes after doing the above, you also need to do a Start >> Logoff >>  Restart.

Please let me know the results.

NOTE: The "error" you have been experiencing is not due to ESET.  The "error" is unfortunate but it is curable.  We  will do more on the next round.

Maurice,

Thank you. I followed the instructions and MBAM seems to working correctly - no more warnings and I ran a complete scan. In MBAM, all 3 top buttons were already checked in the Advanced Settings and the 2 protections for Malware protection and Malicious website protection were also enabled. I would suggest one change to make it clearer for other users if they get these instructions: When adding ESET to MBAM, renumber the steps. There are 2 Step 4s and the second one navigating to "C:\Program Files (x86)\" is not correct for 32-bit. I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ but while I'm not any where near an expert on computers, I thought it would be more helpful to those who have problems following instructions.

Thanks again, Kay

Hi Kay,  OK.   and I apologize, I had left out the other location for 32-bit Windows.

Here is the detailed tips.  Do not allow it to overwhelm you.  It only looks more complex than it really is.
Please make these adjustments.
Start the Anti-Malware. Click on the Settings icon at the top bar up at top.

Now  changes for the Threat scan task in the Scheduler.
Click on Automated Scheduling button.

Locate the line that shows Threat Scan & double-click on it, so that it shows some detail in a window.
In the Frequency and Settings block.
You should have Daily and the recurrence set to 1 day.
now UN-check the line "Check for updates before scanning"

When completely done, close the window.

Locate and click once on *Check for Updates*  line and press Edit.   (IF you do not have 1, you will need to Create it using first the *Add* button.)

Yours should only have just 1 of these,

Then press the Advanced button at bottom left.
Slide the window up so you can see all of it. {press the mouse on the very top bar and slide UP }

A few changes are needed.
Look at the “starting time” of the task and use some good time when you know that your computer will be on & powered & that Windows would be on at that time.
Look at the line in Schedule Options. UN-check “Show notification after successful update”.

In the Frequency and Settings. Select Hourly and I suggest using the *Recurrence at 4 hours.*

( this is my own conservative setting ).

In the Recovery Options put a check-mark on “Recover missed tasks” and select 1 hour
When done, press the OK button.

A fresh Windows start would be good to do at this point. Use Logoff and Restart Windows.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

This should eliminate the SDK Error Code 2 or 1812 from re-appearing.

Let me know if you need other help.   :cool:

post-2622-0-51047500-1430506178_thumb.pn

post-2622-0-30747300-1430506198_thumb.pn