data.rtbfy.com Malwarebytes gives me pop-up box with Firefox

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please upload them into your next reply.

I hate to admit defeat but i give up!  That is to say, thank you for all your efforts, but we don't seem to be close to a solution.  I have just spent the past few hours restoring the operating system from a 2 month old back up (my data is on a separate drive) - I am now doing all windows updates and other updates.   A brute force solution but one that hopefully will work.  Thanks for all the time you put into this project.  If you have any other "theoretical" ideas on this particularly difficult to eradicate malware, please let me know.  Again thanks.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!