Malwarebytes Premium 2.0.3.1025 updates seem to be stuck in a loop

Hello,

Since installing the updated program to 2.0.3.1025, the updates are taking so long, it seems it gets stuck in a loop?

I have the same version on my laptop Win7 64bit, and my desktop PC Win XP 32bit.

Both have the same issue. In fact I have to restart my laptop and PC for the issue to be corrected.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes :)

Let's try this first to get the latest version of Malwarebytes installed (as yours is outdated)....

Thank You,

Firefox

To KenW and Firefox.

Many thanks for your input. I was able to update to the latest program version on my laptop (Win 7) and the problem seems to be resolved.

The desktp PC however (Win XP SP3) wont update to the latest program version even though I have the box ticked to update.

Maybe because its Win XP ? I don't know.

The daily updates are not taking so long now, so I'll see how it goes. Thanks again

Mackenzie

You may have to check their latest version on their website. There were plenty of problems with all software with XP to Win 7. It was not fun !!

I think you will find that even though a company says their software is still compatible with XP, you may find out otherwise. There was a very big difference between XP and Win 7 because of changes to the kernel.

I had no problems using XP era programs with 7 and only one will not work with 8.1

Time to spend some money !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delay, been away.

I did what you suggested Firefox, and completed the clean uninstall and re-install to new Program version.

It is now working OK. (Win XP)  I don't want to lose my XP as I detest Win7 !!!!

Thanks again to both of you, and I hope you both enjoyed your Christmas.

:)