Going from MBAM 1.75 free to latest MBAM paid

Have a few questions:

Do I need a MBAM uninstaller to remove the free version 1.75?  Or will removing it from Programs and Features do the job?

I have only 1 computer, why does MBAM paid only offers protection for 3 computers?

I have Microsoft Security Essentials installed as my Antivirus after I recently uninstalled Avast.  Will MBAM v 2 play nice with MSSE?

Win 7 Home Premium, 64 bit

Thanks.

Thanks for no answer.

I purchased MBAM Premium and all went well, except that I wasn't aware that I had also purchased Malwarebytes Powertools CD.  AFAIK I didn't purchase it.  Don't even know what it is and didn't tick any box to have this CD.   Must have been somewhere a ticked box for that CD which I didn't see with the download and consequently appeared on the bill which I saw AFTER having installed MBAM Premium.  I certainly DO NOT HOPE that a second bill will come next year for another CD!!  The price for the CD is @12.11 CDN as if MBAM Premium is not expensive enough!

Again, no answer.

I would like to have a refund of CA$ 12.11 for the Malwarebytes Powertools CD as I never wanted or requested it but yet billed by cleverbridge.  The only way it could have happened if the CD order was bundled with MBAM Premium.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation. 

Hello and Welcome!

You have to realize that its a weekend so someone can not reply immediately to your questions.

As you already figured out, you can just install version 2 right over version 1 and it will update it.

As for questions on your order, You should contact cleverbridge.....

If you lost your ID and License Key then send an email to: cs@cleverbridge.com

cs@cleverbridge.com

Phone: +1-866-522-6855

Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (CST)

Also, their contact info can be found HERE.

When you get the email Print it out

Malwarebytes Tech support does not have any access to, or information pertaining to any sales\shipping\user account\registration issues.

You may also try and look up your product info by using your registered email address HERE or HERE

If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to post.

Thanks for getting back to me.  Sorry for being impatient.  I will get in contact with cleverbridge tomorrow.  Hopefully I won't get another bill for Powertools CD next year. 

Questions for now:

Will I get an advanced ?notification next year when/that I need to renew my subscription?  How does that work?

In MBAM 1.75 one could find and remove the scan logs.  How and where can I find them in this new version?  Thanks.

Hello abuela:

All volunteer forum helpers sincerely apologize for any response delays as we and our families have just celebrated a Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S.A., where many forum helpers reside, that extends for many through the entire weekend and sometimes beyond.

Will I get an advanced ?notification next year when/that I need to renew my subscription? How does that work?

If purchased through the cleverbridge Inc. website, a choice of an automatic renewal, and an email reminder will be sent seven (7) days prior to the renewal date, or a manual subscription renewal. Automatic renewal through cleverbridge Inc. can be cancelled at any time. We respectfully request you carefully read the terms and conditions of sale at the cleverbridge Inc. Website.

In MBAM 1.75 one could find and remove the scan logs. How and where can I find them in this new version?

Please read Malwarebytes Anti-Malware User's Guide - Viewing or Deleting Logs.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

This is the answer I received from cleverbridge regarding the Malwarebytes Powertools CD:

"Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately Malwarebytes powertools CDs are non refundable. If you wish to cancel this portion of the order please contact Malwarebytes as we primarily handle payment processing. The manufacturer receives all monies collected.

Support@malwarebytes.org

Should you have any questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Christopher A.

cleverbridge Customer Support

cleverbridge AG, Cologne
Management: Christian Blume, Dr. Oliver Breme, Martin Trzaskalik, Craig Vodnik
Supervisory Board: Dr. Michael Inhester (Chairman)
Registration: HRB 58900 Commercial Register - Local Court of Cologne"

So what can you do for me regarding the above?  I am asking you to stop sending the CD and refund me the CA$12.11 that cleverbridge billed me for.  Thanks.

Thanks for getting back to me.  I emailed support@malwarebytes.org and got a reply back that said:

"We have received your request and an agent will respond to your ticket in the order in which it was received.
In the meantime you may be able to find a solution for your inquiry through our support portal which may be able to provide a solution.

FAQ:
https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/home

Forums:
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/

Thank you for your patience

Thank you for your patience. To add additional comments, reply to this email."

I can't fill out the form with the link that you gave me because the Powertools CD is not mentioned in the box and that field HAS to be filled in.  So for now I'll wait until I hear from MBAM by email.  Thanks for your effort.  I'll give you an update when I hear back from MBAM.

Today I received a reply:

"Unfortunately, our PowerTools CD is non-refundable, as per our refund policy available at: https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/hc/en-us/articles/201948397. I do apologize, but there's not really much I can do regarding this. Please do let me know if there's anything I can help with and I'll be happy to assist."

I am not pleased at all as I didn't order the PowerTools CD.  If there was a box to untick it, I didn't see it.  Only when I went to read my email, the bill for the PowerTools CD was shown there.  In the same email there was a link to download and install MBAM but since I had already downloaded and installed MBAM Premium from your website there was no point in uninstalling MBAM.  I should have downloaded the free version and should have activated to Premium.

Perhaps you can tell me what the PowerTools CD is for, what it can do? 

I would have to wait from someone in the staff to tell you what's on the PowerTools CD as I don't have one myself...

Hi Firefox.  I'll be waiting for some info on the CD as I can't find it anywhere. 

I also would like to know how the yearly subscription of MBAM Premium works.  Will I be notified in advance and automatically billed?  Or how does it work?  Thank you.