Protection disabled notice at start does NOT go away

Hello and :welcome: :

There are a couple of known bugs with the display and another with Malicious Website Protection (which was fixed over a week ago).

However, without logs or a shot of the Dashboard, it's impossible to say for sure what's going on with your system.

If this is a new install/upgrade, and if a reboot doesn't resolve the issue, the first thing to try might be the advice here: Malicious Website Protection disabled

If those suggestions don't resolve your issue:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Thank you for rapid reply.

All instructions and suggestions were executed, unfortunately the issue is still there.

To clarify, the issue is not to do so much with the Malicious Website Protection being disable... I have it set as such. The issue is with the Notification not disappearing after 7 seconds as set in the dashboard (see OP).

Shot of Dasboard:

post-170102-0-24089600-1414164029_thumb.

Logs:

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

Currently if you disable Malicious Website Protection, it will give you that notification, due to that fact that its a vital component of the paid for version.  They are working on giving users more control over notifications and what to do with them in a future build, although we do not know when to expect it as of yet.

Thanks, @Firefox.

@UnusedName, I think I may have misunderstood your original post.

It sounds as if you have intentionally disabled Malicious Website Protection? 

If so, this recent post by the MBAM Product Manager may shed a bit more light on the behavior you report: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/144984-disable-notification-when-i-choose-to-disable-website-protection/#entry894565

Thanks,

I have the same issue as UnusedName.  If I deliberately disable real-time protection in MBAM Premium v. 2.0.3, the pop-up notification appears in the system tray after every re-boot and never disappears unless I maually click the "x" in the top right corner of the pop-up, in spite of the fact that Settings | General Settings | Close Notification is set to the default of After 7 seconds.
------------
MS Windows 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox 32.0.3 * NIS v. 20.5.0.28 * MBAM Premium v. 2.0.3.1025
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Hi:

You wrote:

I have the same issue as UnusedName. ------------

Please see here: :)

If so, this recent post by the MBAM Product Manager may shed a bit more light on the behavior you report: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/144984-disable-notification-when-i-choose-to-disable-website-protection/#entry894565

Thanks,

Hi daledoc1:

I read that entire thread Disable notification when I choose to disable Website Protection before posting, and I'm still not clear what comment in that thread you are trying to bring to our attention.  That thread seems to be discussing adding an extra setting in a future release so that users can specifically prevent pop-up notifications from appearing at boot-up when real-time protection is deliberately disabled (i.e., while leaving other pop-notifications for malware detections, etc. enabled).

I personally have no objection to a pop-up notification briefly appearing in my system tray when my MBAM real-time protection is partially or completely disabled.  I just don't understand why it doesn't disappear on its own after 7 seconds if I have Settings | General Settings | Close Notification set to After 7 seconds.

According to the MBAM v2 online guide at http://www.malwarebytes.org/support/guides/mbam/, the description of the Close Notification setting is:  When a notification window is displayed on your screen, it remains visible for a time period which you configure here. That time is configurable in a range of 3-15 seconds. The default time is 7 seconds.

------------
MS Windows 32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox 32.0.3 * NIS v. 20.5.0.28 * MBAM Premium v. 2.0.3.1025
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS