MBAM on XP Crashing due to msvcr100.dll

When I launch MBAM and click Update, it throws up an error about msvcr100.dll and closes when I close the error box. It does seem to have updated next time I launch, as it shows a tick and v2014.03.04.09. If I click Scan Now, it again checks for updates and throws up the same error but if I leave the error box up and click Skip Update, I can proceed with the scan.

I noticed I had an older version of msvcr100.dll in system32/ than in the MBAM folder, so I installed vcredist SP1 and the security update and now they're the same version but it hasn't helped. I guess MBAM will use the file in it's folder and not the one in system32/ anyway.

I've tried using the clean tool to uninstall MBAM and then reinstall it but that didn't help either.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Hello Doveman.

Do not go chasing after any DLL.

I would like for you to tell me, if you had been seeing a "APPCRASH" message ( a abnormal program ending or abort ) with a notice from Windows ?   Such as those shown on this forum page http://goo.gl/DQ9nBH