Unable to start Malwarebytes

Hi,

I have Malwarebytes premium version. I have noticed that since last few days MBAM isn't running as background process on my computer. When I checked the startup entry, it shows that its there and is enabled but it isn't starting, I checked startup entries with program "WinPetrol" which was recommended to me from these forums. It tells me that file is  missing. However when I try to start it from start menu --> programs, its process "MBAM.EXE" is shown in task manager but in few seconds it is gone from there, I am assuming that it crashes due to some reason or is prevented from running somehow. 

I have also tried running MBAM in chameleon mode but it is of no use. I have attached screenshot to show you response from chameleon.

Please help.

Thanks.

post-152029-0-63166100-1408435645_thumb.

Hello @court and :welcome:

We are disappointed to read your system is having issues. Each computer is unique. Problems that seem "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions. They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we adhere to the "one user per topic" sub-forum policy.

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using this >>cjfj.png<< button.
Staffers, experts and helpers will be able to more easily provide both you, and the OP/Topic Starter, with individualized assistance to get you both up and running.

Thank you always for your patience and understanding. :)

Hello pvyas and welcome back:

Are you still running the W7 Home Premium x64 SP1 system?

Please start here:

• Please try the following and let us know if this corrects your issue: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x.
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs in a reply to this thread: Diagnostic Logs.
  • The 3 files, from Step 2, to be individually attached from your desktop are: CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please do not Copy and Paste them into a reply.
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located in Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions.
Please let us know the status of your issue in a reply to this thread.

Thank You. :)

Hi,

After clean removal and  reinstalling, malware bytes seems to be running fine. However I am constantly prompted to update database definition. I have updated to latest version and still getting prompt to update database.

Thanks