Pop up saying Databases our of date

I am getting a pop up in the lower right hand corner stating that the databases are out of date -- when I click update now nothing happens -- another pop up box appears each time I click.  When I open my malwarebytes window - It tells me the same thing "Your databases are out of date".  When I click the fix now button -- nothing happens.   Is this because my premium subscription has expired? 

Hello and welcome back:

The first consumer subscription licenses became available in March 2014, so such a license would not expire until at least March 2015 (or 1 year from the date of activation on the first of up to 3 PCs).  And the 1-PC, lifetime licenses do not expire.

So.................

A couple of easy things to check:
>>First, please be sure your system date/time are correct.
>>Then, please be sure that your AV and firewall both give MBAM full permissions. It's possible that your AV or firewall might be treating the new build as a new program and may be blocking it -- the files that need to be excluded can be found HERE. Please post back if you need help with that.
>>Also, please check to be sure there are no "Detected Threats" that need to be dealt with first, as this can prevent the program from updating: Click the "Scan" button at the top of the dashboard and verify that there are no detected threats (especially PUPs or PUMs) awaiting your actions. ***NOTE: If your last scan was with database update 2104.07.26.09 and you have detected items that need attention (especially windows files), do not Quarantine those files - there was a bug with that update.
>>Finally, you might want to start with the advice in this pinned topic >>HERE<< -- we don't have enough info about your system yet to know if it will work for you (but it won't hurt).

If those suggestions don't resolve your issue:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

P.S. The mod team will likely move this post to the MBAM support section. No worries. :)

"I also seem to have downloaded macafee somehow -- I guess I should remove that."

if you did not purposely download mccaffee , it was most likely *included* with another download (such as an adobe product update) .

by all means un-install it or elsewise remove it .

scan all items you are going to download twice before doing so ...

when installing go slow and read/understand everything and select the options of install if possible .

Hi:

Yes, as CWB explained, even if's it's just the McAfee Security Scan application, you'll want to fully uninstall it.

Having more than one anti-virus (AV) on the system (even if they are not all running actively) can create system problems and clashes.

It's best only to have ONE AV, ONE Anti-Malware and ONE firewall installed and active.

To exclude the Avira folder in MBAM, see the attached screen shot (which shows a different AV, but it's just to illustrate).

To exclude the MBAM files in Avira, the files are listed below.

Thanks,

-----------------------------------------

Please exclude the following files from your Antivirus Software for your version of Windows:

For 32 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 & 8:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware \mbamscheduler.exe

Note: If you are using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall, you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE and MBAMSERVICE.EXE from it as well.

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

post-29793-0-39608300-1407200036_thumb.p

Hi:

You don't mention if you are trying to run a Threat scan or a Custom scan?

And you didn't mention if the updating problem about which you originally created this thread is resolved?

Let's get some fresh logs to see what's going on. :)

Please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks,

Hi:

Preliminary review of your logs shows evidence of at least some PUPs, junkware and other infections, for which we'll need to send you over to the malware removal section for cleanup.

But let's see if we can't get MBAM up and running properly first.

However, they also suggest that the steps in this pinned topic might resolve your MBAM database issue: What to do: Runtime error - database stuck on 2014.03.04 - program stopped

Please let us know if this fixes the MBAM updating problem.

We'll go from there.

Thanks,

This link on that page isn't working

https://malwarebytes...m3mzl3f7eyl.zip

Indeed!

That's new.

I will report it to "the authorities".

Thanks for letting us know.

Since your logs show evidence of infection, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

>>As you have already run FRST, you just need to start a NEW topic in the malware removal section.

A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process.

>>To expedite matters, it would help if you include the link back to this topic in your new post.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/154201-pop-up-saying-databases-our-of-date/

Thanks,