I was wrong about it always saying "C0000022". Today it started with "C000000D":

Mbamchameleon Failed to obtain file name information - C000000D

I'm sure it will be something else soon as well.

In other threads, someone advised disabling "auto protect" under "advanced options". I think that person was referring to MBAM's self-protection feature. That will probably work, since mbamchameleon is used for self-protection (it seems), but we should not have to disable an important security feature to work around this.

As others have noted - same thing with me - all entries in the logs that are either very quickly generated or are abnormal are "sourced" from mbamchameleon - for (couple) example:

Information    6/30/2014 5:55:50 AM    mbamchameleon    61440    (4096)

with the text:

Failed to verify the digital signature for \Device\HarddiskVolume2\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MRT.EXE

This log entry repeats with different program names in the above text - numerous ones.

and:

Information    6/30/2014 5:43:30 AM    mbamchameleon    61703    (4352)

with the text:

Mbamchameleon Failed to obtain file name information - C000000D

This latter log entry repeats very very quickly.

================

I am about to reboot with self-protection turned off. Will get back here with an addendum on the appearance of the log files.

Note that I have posted about a different problem with the most recent Malwarebytes that was "resolved" by a complete removal and reinstall - I certainly hope ANOTHER complete clean and reinstall is not necessary to "fix" this new problem.

Hello malbilling:

We are disappointed to read your system is having issues. Each computer is unique. Problems that seem "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions. They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we adhere to the "one user per topic" sub-forum policy.

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using this >>cjfj.png<< button.

Staffers, experts and helpers will be able to more easily provide both you, and the OP/Topic Starter, with individualized assistance to get you both up and running.

Thank you always for your patience and understanding. :)

I am about to reboot with self-protection turned off. Will get back here with an addendum on the appearance of the log files.

Other than the obvious lack of a multitude of entries in the logs from mbamchameleon, the total startup time (arbitrarily "measured" to the point that the "Action Center" flag appears in the systray...) was much quicker. Checking the logs again JUST NOW shows absolutely nothing interesting.

As noted above by hapless it's less-than-ideal to be running Malwarebytes without self-protection but since the self-protection aspect of Malwarebytes appears to be its own Denial of Service implementation I think I'll just wait til the next more-debugged version comes out before re-enabling it.

Hello malbilling:

It is less confusing for everyone if we adhere to the "one user per topic" sub-forum policy.

I understand and "normally" would do just that, however I already cleaned out and reinstalled my Malwarebytes installation in response to replies from support for a different problem so figured THIS thread noting exactly the same NEW problem was more appropriate than Yet Another Thread with an almost total repeat.

===========

BTW - as an enduser and NOT a support person, it makes MUCH more sense to post in existing threads than new ones.

Why?

Because endusers come here to find solutions and, if they're like me (and they probably are), they naively scan Subjects to find something that matches their problems and then read some of those threads to see if a resolution has been found. If there are N very-similar threads THEIR task is made MUCH more difficult.

Anyway, from the enduser POV it is MUCH better to have all similar problems co-located.

[i'll follow your request(s), of course, but THIS problem has now been resolved for me by disabling a piece of your software]

• Root Admin

What ends up happening though is users don't know who is talking to who and then we tell one person to delete files or make changes and someone else makes those changes and now their computer is no longer functioning. That's why it really is never wise to tack on to another users issues as YOUR computer is different period and I don't know about you but I really like getting one-on-one support instead of haphazard guessing what I should do.

Thanks