Anit-Rootkit Driver, Error code:20025

Hello and :welcome:

Let's try this first....

Thank You,

Firefox

We will have to wait on someone from staff/development team to review those logs, but in the meantime lets get some more info so we can help these folks.

Are you able to update Malwarebytes as your logs does not show that its been updated.

Installed On: 2014/06/02

Malware Database: 0000.00.00.00

Rootkit Database: 0000.00.00.00

Remediation Database: 0000.00.00.00

IP Database: 0000.00.00.00

Domain Database: 0000.00.00.00

Can you also zip up all the files located in the folder below and attach that zip file here?

\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Configuration

I have alerted the staff so that they can review the files, Even if you bought the software today, there would be updates, as they update it at least 10 times a day... To update you simply open up the Malwarebytes GUI and on the dashboard click on Update Now >> as shown in the image below.

Also your CheckResults.txt file should look similar to mine below, yours has all zeros:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware:         2.0.2.1012
Installed On:                      2014/05/14
Malware Database:                  2014.06.03.05
Rootkit Database:                  2014.06.02.01
Remediation Database:              2013.10.16.01
IP Database:                       0000.00.00.00
Domain Database:                   0000.00.00.00

Try clicking on the Update Now and let me know if you get any errors...

post-17127-0-75603500-1401821559_thumb.p

When I click the update, it just tells me "no updates available"

I don't know where this tray is to exit from.  The program is located on my desktop as a shortcut icon.

I unchecked scan for rootkits from the Detection and Protection tab of the Settings window.

It still keeps doing the Pre-Scan Operations which cannot be paused or canceled.  It does this as long as the computer is on.  It never moves on to actually scanning.

Thank you!

~ Jeff

• Root Admin

That indicates that you're using drive encryption which is not supported on the OS system drive. You also have at least some minor PUP issues.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

They can help you get the computer cleaned up a bit but as said the drive encryption being used on the OS system drive is not supported.

Hi ~

Sorry to need just a bit of clarification - what does it mean when you say drive encryption is not supported on the OS system drive. 

I did buy the premium product, I just want it to scan.  If it doesn't scan can I get a refund?  Was the program compromised?

Thanks!

• Root Admin

Drive encryption such as BitLocker by Microsoft are not supported using the Rootkit scanner as the encryption behind it is proprietary. But I'm also not aware of any rootkits that can write to the drive either without breaking the system. You can certainly obtain a refund if you like but the product does work properly for everything else and no one else that I'm aware of does real true rootkit scanning on proprietary encryption like BitLocker either. If  you want you can simply uncheck the rootkit scanner option and everything else should work just fine. If you'd still rather get a refund then please contact the help desk and they can assist you with a refund.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/support/consumer/contact/

Thank you again