Once again it does nothing

Once again malwarebytes is doing nothing. I click on it to start it and all it does is beep and go right back off. This is by far the most  problematic piece of software that is supposed to help keep a computer problem free I have ever used. I have already re-installed the darn mess 4 times so far, ran chameleon, installed it through chameleon once and for some reason it never runs more than twice before turning into garbage once again. And since there is no way to get a log to show you because it immediately beeps and goes off .....

Hello and :welcome:

Thank You

Based upon the logs you provide, a forum expert will then recommend the next step.

Hi, again:

It appears that you might have missed our replies to your original posts here and here? :)

EDIT: Never mind -- John beat me to it.

But, to ask: Have you actually followed the recommended method to clean upgrade to the current build that was released AFTER your previous posts??

ALSO: Chameleon is normally only used or needed to install on MBAM on a heavily infected machine.
If you think you might be infected, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process.

Thanks,

HOW DO YOU POST LOGS WHEN IT DOES NOT SAY ON LOG ENOUGH TO GENERATE ANY? My install isn't even a week old! And since the original posts it has been wiped out with the appropriate software and a fresh install was made. I have not been able to run this a third time without a complete removal and re-install since the first download earlier this month.

You run the program that I have linked to and *it* produces logs.

Please read a bit more carefully before you try to berate us - we're trying to help you.

If that does not correct the issue then please read the following and post back the requested logs. - Diagnostic Logs

That link takes you to this page:  https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=146024

Where step 1 is Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Now, let's get those logs so we can get you all fixed up, OK?

HOW DO YOU POST LOGS WHEN IT DOES NOT SAY ON LOG ENOUGH TO GENERATE ANY?

Sorry, but I don't understand what that means. :(

Version 2.0.2.1012 was released on 5/20/2014.

Alas, we cannot determine from what you describe whether the recommended removal procedures were used or what version you are actually running.

So, let's start from scratch, so that we can better help you, please:

Please just take your time and perhaps print out the instructions, if it might help to follow them?

As John (and the numbered instructions) said, if a clean reinstall of the current version does not resolve your issue, the please proceed to step #2 and post back here with the requested DIAGNOSTIC logs attached to your next reply.

They will provide a smidgen of information to assist the staff with the troubleshooting process.

Thank you,

Hi, again:

It appears that you might have missed our replies to your original posts here and here? :)

EDIT: Never mind -- John beat me to it.

But, to ask: Have you actually followed the recommended method to clean upgrade to the current build that was released AFTER your previous posts??

ALSO: Chameleon is normally only used or needed to install on MBAM on a heavily infected machine.

If you think you might be infected, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process.

Thanks,

I ran it through chameleon because I got sick of having to remove and install it ever single time I tried to run it. And I have been getting clean scans both with Bitdefender and malware bytes the few times it has condescended to run. The latest install was a totally fresh one after removing the old one with the removal tool.

I got one log to post. The second program did the exact same thing malwarebytes is doing flash on and immediately flash off. I tried to upload the fubar scan log but I do not have permission to upload that kind of file to this forum.

• Additional scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.docx

You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

When it creates a log it creates it in a .TXT format.  You're trying to post a document made in Microsoft Word, and as such, it is at the very least a copy of the document, possibly with edits.

Please post the actual files (there are 2) made by the tool directly without editing or even opening in Word.

I uninstalled it did a fresh download and reinstall and got  runtime error at 79, 177  External exception E06D7363

Does this software have an issue with Windows 8? If it does I want a refund and I will wait until I find something that does work.

post-163241-0-43466300-1401300496_thumb.

Plenty of people have MBAM working on Windows 8, including me on 2 different laptops, both with 8.1, although one was upgraded and it was on 8.0 and still worked fine.

So, if your error *does* have anything to do with Windows 8 it has to do with *your* computer specifically, and not Windows 8/8.1 in general.

Thus far I haven't seen anything suspicious in the logs that you posted.  Still checking a few things, though, since there are more than just MBAM errors in your logs.

I removed transmac from the windows 8.1 computer. It only seems to like the older laptop. I was really liking windows 8 when I got the new computer this month until I keep finding more and more things that are not upgrading drivers to work with it such as a 3 year old printer. 

Malwarebytes is running fine on the windows 7 laptop. I do not want to use my 3rd license and install this on Craigs computer until I know it runs problem free on mine, his computer is also 8.1. I am just plain not understanding why after using the uninstall tool and rebooting it will not let me do a fresh install. My virus scan is clean.with Bitdefender. I have run a concurrent antivirus and anti malware program since the early days of XP. I download a lot of library materials and run daily scans because I download. On top of that I download everything into a designated folder and do not remove them from that folder until they are scanned even if that means I scan that folder a dozen times a day.

• 4 weeks later...