2.0.1 Can't Reach Update Servers

When I upgraded to 2.0.1, I got a message saying that Malwarebytes was unable to access the update server. Now, I can't get any updates, and I have a message constantly popping up telling me that my databases are out of date, This is not a network problem. 2.0.0 was able to update its definitions just fine. Is there a workaround?

Hi: :)

Sorry to hear you can't reach the update servers after updating from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1

First,  I would reboot, for good measure.

Then an easy thing to check would be your firewall/AV.
It could be that your security program is treating the new build as a new application and could be blocking it:

Please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks!

daledoc1

• 1 year later...

Hi, CliveAlive

Hi: I was having the same issue and thanks to this solution, the issue is solved!

Thanks

Clive Hunt

We're glad that solution worked for you. :)

This is actually a very old thread, based on an old, extinct version of MBAM. :(

I hope you are actually running the current version (2.1.6) or the newly released upgrade (2.1.8), NOT version 2.0.1???

In any event, if you run into any further problems, we suggest that you please start a NEW, SEPARATE forum topic using this clickable >>> cjfj.png button.

The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide you with individual help to get you up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,