punkbuster issues

moonze

I was directed here after having some malware issues removed.

The problem i am having is i get an error saying punkbuster needs to shut down. I play Call of Duty World at War online. When i turn my pc on and wait for the system to fully load, i then click on waw to play online. The screens starts to open, then it minimizes and says there was an error with pnkbstr.exe and it needs to shut down. Sometimes i can click on the minimized window of cod and continue to play, and somestimes i have to right click it to close it out since its not responding. I then i have to wait a few minutes to try again, because if i dont, it says i have a duplicate on the server. I was told to use punkbuster setup to reload it, but the sight is no longer being payed by Activision, so therefore it doesnt support COD anymore. This never happened until after the malware was removed. What else can i  do?

• Root Admin

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply as well.

• Root Admin

I would recommend doing a temporary uninstall of your McAfee antivirus.  Then also run this tool from McAfee to remove all left over elements of the program.   File

Then uninstall PunkBuster and reboot -- then reinstall Punkbuster and see if it's working or not.

Make sure you either reinstall McAfee or install another antivirus program for security.

Let us know how that works out.