Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

[SOLVED] Can't uninstal AE 9 4 1000

ronster12345

I tried to download a newer version of AE than 9 4 1000 and it put a white square on my desktop and did not install.  I contacted this forum and they suggested doing a restore on my Win XP SP3.  I did and the square vanished.

Today I tried to uninstall AE 9 4 1000 from control pannel and fom the included uninstall program.  Both said there was a missing file and it could not be uninstalled.  See attached Giff image.

How do I uninstall so I can install the latest version?

post-153509-0-70355900-1390073338_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

No I did not check but the 9 4 100 will run when I click on it and it also throws an " beta beriod expired please update". But it is my understanding I must first uninstall the program and then install from scratch.

Do i INSTALL FROM SCRATCH OR JUST INSTALL over the old version. remember i AM USING xp sp3 not A NEW UPTO DATE os!!!

Hi ronster12345,

As far as I know:

Just installing over the older version is not advised. The instructions for installing MBAE as noted here explicitly mention removing the old version.

As far as I was able to determine (opening my unins000.dat file with wordpad) it seems that the .dat-file contains the data of what files where created where during the installation. I am rather certain that it is computer dependant (found my user name in it). So downloading someone else's unins000.dat won't do you any good. (AFAIK)

The best I can think of at the moment is to wait for pbust to reply. He generally watches this sub-forum closely so I don't think it will take more than a day to get a response from him. Considering that the topic has been around for a couple of days, I'd advise to send pbust a PM if he doesn't reply tomorrow, just to get his attention.