Computer is streaming internet audio on it's own - ads and such

Ok now we are in business, unfortunately you`ve picked up a relatively new infection, hence maybe why your system is erratic. do this please:

Run FRST one more time,

Type the following in the edit box after "Search:".

rpcss.dll

Click Search button and post the log (Search.txt) it makes to your reply.

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into.

NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Next,

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ and save to your Desktop.

• Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • When it's done you'll see: Pending: Uncheck any elements you don't want removed.
  • Now click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • Look over the log especially under Files/Folders for any program you want to save.
  • If there's a program you want to save, just uncheck it from AdwCleaner.
  • If you're not sure, post the log for review.
  • If you're ready to clean it all up.....click the Clean button.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[s0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
  • Items that are deleted are moved to the Quarantine Folder: C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine
  • To restore an item that has been deleted (if necessary):
  • Go to Tools > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > now click on Restore.

Next,

Run Malwarebytes,  Open > Settings Tab > Scanner Settings > Under action for PUP > Select: Show in Results List and Check for removal.

Please Update and run a Quick scan

Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected on any found items.

Post the produced logs in next reply....

fixlist.txt

ok, it's been responding normally in general after we completed the initial process.........after you told me about the sp1 update, not being able to do that became the issue. I'll try it again now. How could I have been re-infected after goind thru that initial cleanup? Any ideas?

I see. Well, I was able to update to SP1 using the stand alone updater....and once I did that, windows update returned all the pertinent updates available for SP1 which are installing as we speak.

I think that'll do it. Thanks for all your help. This was quite a project. Let me ask you.......should I use any of these utilities we've used here on a routine basis for system maintenance, or are they just for clearing problems?

We need to clean up and remove the main tools we`ve used,

We need to remove FRST,  first it is very important to deal with its own Quarantine folder by using FRST itself..

OK, we continue:

Delete any fixlist.txt file previously used, continue:

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into.

NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). That will confirm the removal action, delete if successful.

Next,

Delete FRST.exe from your Desktop or the folder it was saved to, navigate to and delete its folder C:\FRST

Next,

Uninstall adwcleaner.exe (unless you want to keep it)

•   Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
  •   Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  •   Click on Uninstall
  • Click Yes at Would you like to Uninstall Adwcleaner

Next,

Use OTM to uninstall tools used and itself....

Double-click OTM.exe to run it. Windows 7 or Vista accept UAC alert..
Click on the green CleanUp! button and it will populate a list of items to clean from your system that we used or may have used.
It should ask if you want to clean up, select Yes. You maybe asked to reboot, allow that to happen.

Next,

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

•    
  • Activate UAC

• Remove disinfection tools

• Create registry backup

• Purge System Restore

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.

Part of the routine will be to create a registry back up with ERUNT,  the back up will be created here:

C:\Windows\ERUNT

When all is known to be well with your system you can delete that back up folder if you consider it as not needed...

Let me know if those steps complete ok, also if any remaining issues or concerns..

Kevin

fixlist.txt

FRST is not are tool for general use, really needs helpers or users who are fully conversant with it. Regarding AdwCleaner yes is worth keeping, also ESET online AV scan is ok, maybe run every couple of weeks or so....

Yep i`m in the UK, I don`t mind the long hours etc, enjoy helping out... ;)

This is my set up, you may find it useful:

Windows own Firewall, Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Pro. Windows FW and MSE are free, MB does also have a free version, however I prefer the pro version as it provides auto updates and realtime protection. Cost is about £20 for a lifetime license.

As an extra layer I also use WinPatrol, the free version is adeqaute for general home use. Available here: http://www.winpatrol.com/download.html

For my browser I use Firefox with these addons: Web of Trust, Adblock Plus, Flash Block, NoScipt, Ghostery. When Firefox is open select these keys together :- Ctrl - Shift - A that will access Addons manger, this gives access to find addons, use, start, stop or disable those features etc....

Before using NoScript read from this link http://noscript.net/ makes it easy to understand....

Understanding Windows 7 Firewall - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/Understanding-Windows-Firewall-settings

Understanding Microsoft Security Essentials - http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

Understanding Malwarebytes, how to create an exclusion in MSE - http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138&st=0&p=162100entry162100

Understanding WinPatrol - http://www.winpatrol.com/features.html

I also use the Professional version of Sandboxie, I believe there is also free version available. Visit this link http://www.sandboxie.com/ for access to d/l, also make sure to use the "Help and FAQ" option to understand its uses, specifically how to run your browser sandboxed!.

Take care,

Kevin

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!