ICE Cyber Crime Center Scam Virus

Save the attached file fixlist.txt to your flash drive, same place as FRST.

Now please enter System Recovery Options as you did to get the log.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

See if your system will boot normal mode now,

fixlist.txt

It is not unusual for the infection to cripple connections, try to UNinstall network adapter, then re-boot. See if it makes any difference, continue if still no connection...

Do the following from Normal Mode: (As no connection you will need to d/l save to flash drive or similar and transfer to sick PC desktop....

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Next,

Download Farbar Service Scanner from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/dl/62/ and run it on the computer with the issue.

Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Post those logs...

Kevin

OK, so i was able to do what you said... I UNinstalled the network adapters (wireless and wired) and rebooted, still no connection... The adapters were Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card and Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E. I than ran FRST ans it generated the following FRST.txt and Addition.txt.After running FRST I ran the FSS and it generated the following FSS.txt. Now what should we do?

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into.

NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Next,

Download Services Repair tool, available here - http://kb.eset.com/library/ESET/KB%20Team%20Only/Malware/ServicesRepair.exe and Save it to your Desktop. Right click on it and select Run As Administrator, follow the prompts. It should reboot when it finishes. If not reboot it yourself.

When the reboot completes re-run FSS and post a fresh log..

fixlist.txt

Ok, I have run the Fixlist script and copied the FRST Fix Log Fixlog.txt. I then ran the Services Repair as directed and restarted the computer. After rebooting I ran FSS and copied the log FSS.txt. There is still no internet activity, lines are plugged in and wireless codes are correct and wireless is working elsewhere in the house. Let me know what you think. Thanks again.

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!