Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum Travel

AdvancedSetup

• Root Admin

man ron ... that is a lot of pixels and it is only the tiniest of scratches on the surface of all the items that are there , let alone the whole of the "smithsonian" .

"bring a map , compass , food and a bedroll"

again , nice pictures .

did you get a picture of "the spirit of st. louis" ?

• Root Admin

man ron ... that is a lot of pixels and it is only the tiniest of scratches on the surface of all the items that are there , let alone the whole of the "smithsonian" .

"bring a map , compass , food and a bedroll"

again , nice pictures .

did you get a picture of "the spirit of st. louis" ?

Yes, we missed at least 4 other museums that were right there but we just did not have time to visit them and by the end of the day my feet were killing me. We walked about 27 miles there in DC according to our phones.

No, no picture of the Spirit of St. Louis

Yes, GREAT!

Air and Space is VERY cool!

DANG!

I was on my old lappy on a hotel network when I first looked at these earlier today.

They (and the ones in the other threads) are even more impressive on my home desktop monitor!

And these were all shot with your "low end" camera??!?! :D

• Root Admin

Yes the little Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 is a pretty nice camera overall. The 1"-type Exmor CMOS sensor is really what makes a difference for a camera in it's class range. Certainly easier to cart around and not so afraid someone is going to try and steal it from you in public.

Glad you like the images.

i spent some time in hueys ... the chinooks would about shake ya to pieces .

I know a guy who flew helicopters in Vietnam, but he mostly flew the Loaches and did spotting for the Huey gunships. The guy was crazy, hovering above battlefields for hours in that little helicopter, staying to continue spotting even though he was taking enemy fire.